1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Gaming headset head to head

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 30 May 2007.

1. Kipman725

Kipman725 When did I get a custom title!?!

Gaming headsets suck just get a desktop mike and a decent pair of headphones.. as for the glasses issue the onyl headphones that will work with those are those which rest on the outside of the ear... which leads to problems getting a good seal and bad bass response.

For noisy lans closed headphones are needed. I tried using Hd-650's at a lan once which was hopeless as there open and had to b e cranked up to dangerous levels to drown out ambient.

2. hughwi

hughwi Well-Known Member

i have a pair of HD-497's which are closed and are really comfortable when wearing glasses. they just need a bit more padding around the edges, and maybe a slightly wider distance between the two earphones

3. toric334

toric334 New Member

Pair of Beyerdynamic DT770s is where its at for gaming tbh.

4. xrain

xrain Member

I think I'll be keeping my Grado labs sr125's ;).

I think it does make a difference if you have good headphones or not, because cheap ones don't always play the sounds accurately making it harder to figure out where your enemy is coming from...

5. Hugo.B

Hugo.B New Member

I find that with headphones you get a real advantage...
    I hide on one side of a fence in True Combat: Elite, then I can hear anyone on the other side of the fence...and get them. :hehe:

H.B.

6. Fozzy

Fozzy New Member

The prices are pretty wack and I didn't read the whole review since I've already read reviews on these items before. I did read the conclusion's though. In the Fatal1ty you noted that the USD prices were a little crazy but the senny's flipped around the pricing where the UK prices were crazy and the US prices were actually $20 less than the Fatal1ty's yet the Fatal1ty's still get a better value score. I realize this is a UK based forum but maybe there could be 2 scores in future reviews. I mean everything would stay the same except value right? Performance isn't going to be better because of where you live.

Nothing to huge I just thought it should be said

7. Dreaming

Dreaming New Member

I just bought these and like them a lot :) hehe. If only I had a proper soundcard rather than the integrated realtek hd. :idea:

8. eddtox

eddtox Homo Interneticus

I have a pair of KEENION CD-522MV headphones i picked up at a fair for £5 (brand new) and i love them so much i have actually kitted out most of my friends with them. The microphone isnt removable, but it's very flexible and the headphones are very comfortable. Sound quality is good enough to guide me to my next frag in WarRock, so I'm not complaining. i preffered to spend the extra cash on a decent keyboard and mouse, as i think they have a much greater impact on gaming.

-ed out

9. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

my first pair broke after about 3 years, these replacments have an integrated amp and I really miss the big volume knob on the old separate amp box but the new ones dont plug in it, still sound good and LFE crossover at about 100 and turning the VIB up still puts a smile on my face :lol:

10. serial_

serial_ New Member

I saw the article just as i had committed to buy myself a new headset/headphones for late-night gaming(is there any other kind?). I read the article and was glad it let me know what the fatality sets were like. But I was bummed that the review painted both sets as "meh." So i just shopped around. I had a pair of BOSE picked out, but then decided to shop around more.

I went down the street to a local A/V store and found a great set of headphones from a company based in the U.S. called Skullcandy. I picked up a pair that looked really comfy and had good specs (they call it 'Geek Stuff').

Wow. I hardly feel them on my head, even with my glasses - and i'd REALLY REALLY REALLY like to see the pros up at bit-tech review these. The website is skullcandy.com and they have a pretty wide model selection, and even colors/themes. I grabbed myself a pair of the Ti's - and they are really nice.

After wearing them for a while i thought of this article, had to come back and post this for anyone looking for a new headset! Bit-Tech: your reviews SMOKE every other website's. Take a look at these - i would really like to see what yall think^^

- serial_

11. itziks

itziks New Member

Tags: Add Tags