1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Gaming Headsets

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Serenity, 15 Dec 2009.

1. Serenity

Serenity What's a Dremel?

Hi everyone. I am looking to get a decent pair of pc music / gaming headphones.

I have been looking but there would appear to many to choose from. I have made the decision to rule out and USB headphones in order to make the most of my Creative Titanium Extreme Sound Card. This rules out the Logitech G35.

I have been looking at 2 possibilities either the Sennhieser HD 595's or the Sennhieser PC 350 both around £100.

I am keen to understand if anyone has experience of these or if they could suggest any other really good alternatives.

Thanks in advance.

2. Validus

Validus What's a Dremel?

Well, I'm not sure about the Sennhieser's. I'm a big fan of my Creative Fatal1ty (2007 review from Bit-tech). There are two different ones, a USB and a 3.5mm jack. Just be careful you're getting the one you want.

3. Fully Auto Doddo

Fully Auto Doddo ¯\(O_o)/¯

I have this headset. Turtle Beach HPA2 It's the best headset under $100 imho. Each ear cup has three speakers and one woofer. While it says True 5.1 Surround Sound, it isn't the same as having a 5.1 speaker system, but I can still detect which direction a player is from me just by sound. Here is a video comparing the HPA2 to a Tritton headset and pointing out some features of the HPA2. Click me!

Edit: Some people get this confused, just wanted to clarify. The USB cable is not for audio. It is there to give the headset a little more juice.

4. Aracos

Aracos What's a Dremel?

I've got the same headset and these babies are in a league of their own at this price point, although I'm considering getting a new headset because after buying some Logitech Z-2300's I find my headphones lacking what I thought they had. They are full of bass and I find it rare to get them to sound fuzzy but I have had it happen (Deep Purple Made in Japan album) but for a cheap good quality headset I'd recommend them :thumb: