1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Gaming Mouse Roundup

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 28 Feb 2009.

1. NightrainSrt4

NightrainSrt4 What's a Dremel?

Interesting review! I personally wouldn't go after any of those mice, but interesting nonetheless.

If I am not mistaken, shouldn't that be 305cm/sec? As that wouldn't be too fair if the mouse biased its speed based on what measuring system you used lol.

2. Claave

Claave You Rebel scum

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Feb 2009
  3. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

I still think personally that the G9 is the best gaming mouse so far, second to that is the Lachesis, followed by the G5, I have owned all three and then some, oh and I think the worst has to be the Silverstone Raven mouse with the tumor on the side, I still have that mouse and I liked all the features but that ball on the side was the worst idea. It also looks like Coolermaster is about to design a mouse and mouse pad ~_~ but at least they are asking people to fill out a survey to get a better idea of what people want in a gaming mouse. I also have the Zalman FPS mouse and use that from time to time and really enjoy it, I just wish the gun handle part was taller for larger hands.

4. Nicb

Nicb Let's discuss among ourselves

I have the Logitech MX Revolution I always wanted a G5 but the MX has a great everyday use for me and that comes first. Plus the G5 has that embarrassing cheap vinyl covering for a car seat look, guess thats why its $50US. The MX seems to do everything I want it to and performs well on my games even being wireless. It was $99 US and I think worth every penny.

The X8 Technology has my attention. Can't wait for Logitech to do something like it. Then I will buy a new Logitech mouse when I build the next computer.

Glad to see a mouse review! :)

5. feldm4n

feldm4n What's a Dremel?

Pownzored

6. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

Logitech G5 > Universe.

It does?

7. Cupboard

Cupboard I'm not a modder.

^I think the first version may have done, that is the one with only one thumb button

8. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

There's a version with two?!

Did I miss something?

9. Nicb

Nicb Let's discuss among ourselves

Not sure if you were implying that I think the G5 is actually covered in vinyl or you could not believe that it looks bad to me. The G series are great performers. I wanted the same mouse but with a black acrylic look or something similar. I'm glad I did not get it because it brought me to the MX instead.

But yeah the look of it reminded me of greasy hair, club shirt, shag carpet, leopard printed seats in a car, guy that has a G5 for a mouse to have that oh so rounded off look to his life style. That mouse just doesn't appeal to me. I have a hand carved mahogany desk with a glass top, bamboo lamps, a black simple looking tower, a calm environment with no disco lights. That mouse would stick out like a sore thumb. Even though some things perform well enough for you, they just don't go with anything you have.
    I don't know what else to say waffelsomd, other than logitech is one of the best company's in this industry and almost all their products are great to have. But unfortunately some of the "looks" are targeted to a certain age or group and not a good fit for the rest. So instead of cheap feel and weird top cover, I paid an extra $50 to have the feel and look I want as well. Not complaining just explaining. :)

10. badje

badje boni

I think that the Microsoft Sidewinder mouse is pretty handy, if you use it for everyday use. When you got a presentation you can use it wireless, if you are gaming you just plug it in. The WOW mouse is ugly and only for wowers...

And I just got myself a Razer Lachesis so I don't need any of these :p

11. AngelOfRage

AngelOfRage Minimodder

I tried a G5, but managed to break it after only a few months, now i'm using a MX Revolution, couldn't be happier with it. Looks good, feels good and the scroll wheel is something else.

12. Horizon

Horizon Dremel Worthy

yeah, managed to break mine also. mine would suddenly stop working no reason, seemed like a loose wire.

13. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I bought the Ikari Steelmouse Laser last week and I received it tuesday. It feels awesome in the hand, it looks great because it doesn't have the 'toy' look that razers have or the 'look at it and it breaks' logitech feel

I could only test it in windows so far because I am still waiting for my damn videocard to come back from RMA (6 weeks now...). However I can confirm that the drivers are very light and effective. It is possible to make profils and save one into the mouse, which will stay there even if you plug the mouse in another PC. The drivers don't have to run at all times, you just need to open a panel once and set whatever you want

Great product so far, but quite expensive. 115$ on ncix, I found it at 85$ on directcanada.
    Worth it so far because I am fed up of glass-made logitech and dance-floor razers

14. Xir

Xir Modder

Right...for years actually.
    They also have a tendency for not providing drivers for their older sidewinder devices, as the Sidewinder force feedback wheel and joystick.
    Both were great value for money at the time...but not supported sind XP/Vista

15. FatMikel

FatMikel Statistically not that fat...

I'll stick with my Razer Salmosa that I got for £20, thanks.

16. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Logitech G7 and Razer DeathAdder are the only way to go, with a G5 for those people who've convinced themselves that wired/wireless makes a difference :p

17. knuck

knuck Hate your face

it does. It might be better these days but there is still a difference

18. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

I use an MX Revelotion (which I upgraded to from the MX1000) and think it's great.
    I've looked at a few mice in stores since upgrading and I haven't found a more comfortable mouse yet.

19. legoman666

legoman666 Beat to fit, paint to match.

I'll stick with my MX518 until I find a bluetooth mouse that doesn't suck.

20. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

So, you people with the mx revolution, I've just about convinced myself that it is justified to spend that much money on a mouse. How does this mouse fare in FPS games, or games in general?

Tags: Add Tags