1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Gaming PC market bigger than you’d expect

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Guest-16, 19 Nov 2008.

1. Evildead666

Evildead666 What's a Dremel?

Never owned a console.
    Probably never will.

Been playing on PC's since they came out, and on other computers before them.
    A console is a games machine, and very little else.
    A computer is soooo much more.

And I can tinker with it ;)

2. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!

Problem is not the gaming capable PCs sales, its the PC games sales.

3. UrbanMarine

UrbanMarine Government Prostitute

You can do almost anything with a PC. Work, go to school, order food, find a date or make new international friends. That's what's them sooo great

4. sandys

sandys Multimodder

You can do that on a PS3 too ;) :p

5. D3s3rt_F0x

D3s3rt_F0x What's a Dremel?

Hardly surprising Epic always bring out the well look at Crysis the best looking game ever and it didnt sell very well and UT3 didnt sell.

Fact of the matter is Crysis probs was and is the best looking game ever but it was strapped to THE worst story known to man and was complete and utter crap. UT3? That was just terrible.

Half Life 2 episode 2 was a good game though and bet it didnt sell too bad, maybe companies that moan about sales should make good games.

6. AltruiSisu

AltruiSisu Yep

has anyone thought that perhaps WoW alone has had a massive impact on general PC gaming by simply taking up the majority of time of many, many PC gamers (remember, i said perhaps)?

when i played WoW, there was nothing else, not only in PC games, but in life, frankly (and unfortunately ... i'm glad i'm good and done with that crack). for many PC gamers, i think that could still be the case. this certainly backs up the 'few games over longer periods' thought, but perhaps to a much further and exacting extent. what's the count now, 16 million (!) subscribers to WoW alone? in my book, that's a lot of lost revenue everywhere else (including consoles, i suppose).

other games can do similar things, of course, but other games also have an end, or at least much less replayability. with WoW, you're never done, no matter what you've already accomplished.

7. Whi7eRa66iT

Whi7eRa66iT What's a Dremel?

What blows my mind is when people refer to the Price being why they go the way of consoles. Do you really think the price will stay that low for much longer?? The ONLY reason why the XBox was as inexpensive as it was, was do to Microsoft practically giving them away at cost. Therefor, Sony had to "try" and match it. The only console worth going for in my opinion would be the WII due to it being original. But that is mostly for family style games. I play games that I would prefer my daughters NOT watching. Left4Dead and the Battlefield series games. (Yes online).
    Plus, I built my Gaming Rig myself. Purchased the parts "I" wanted and tweaked them to my liking. Purchasing a console for FPS in my opinion (again) is like purchasing a MAC. Here is what they tell you, you should have, now go away. Upgrade you ask? No, come back in three years and purchase another one. Change ANYTHING and you will get NO help from anywhere. Its their way or the highway. NO thank you. I like thinking beyond what they try to tell me to. ;)

8. rhuitron

rhuitron Bump? What Bump?

It;s Up. It's Down.
    Now it's back up again.

MAKE UP YOUR FOTHER MUCKING MIND!

Lol!

9. roshan

roshan What's a Dremel?

PC GAMES FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

I've definitely noticed it going up. i think that consoles are great, but for some reason I've personally found pc better, even befor the xbox 360 died i liked playing counter strike source 1000x more then i could ever like halo ~ and i'm to the point now that i can't even aim with a controller, but with other games, i can't use the keyboard and mouse (third person, over the shoulder mostly) drives me crazy.
    GO PC!

11. UrbanMarine

With the magic of PC mobility your not stuck in one spot like with a console.

12. sandys

sandys Multimodder

a decent games PC is not mobile and a gaming laptop is out of date between the time you've ordered and its arrived :lol:

13. UrbanMarine

Yeah it all depends on the person and their whoreness to graphics. I play all my games fine on my laptop. I trade gameplay over graphics.

14. HOLBORN231

HOLBORN231 What's a Dremel?

console gaming are very cool for those who just want a staright forward gaming machine without tweaking it here and there over the years. many console gamers see pc for work purpose and browsing interenet, but we all know its also can be cool gaming machine with the right parts. i my self have a xbox360 and Ps3 and what i have noticed from these consoles that its kinda bridging over to the pc aspect. with internet access, downloading movies etc, have dvd player but keeping it all console gaming. i may fink in the future some of those console gamers may look at it and see the contrast between consoles and pc and move over to the pc gaming.

with ATI graphics card giving perforamance and quality at great value is a very big positive for pc gaming. developers are moving away from pc gaming becuase of piracy which is a big problem for the industry. usually pc games are more cheaper than console games but piracy still continue. developers can do certain amount of protection for their product but i feel its time for microsoft to implement some kind of anti piracy software in to the os.

in the future i fink there will be an increase in pc gaming if the cost are kept low hardware and software wise and one other feature would be kewl for pc gaming is able to move from normal pc to gaming pc interms of shutting unwanted programs in gaming mode aslo a GUI making it simple to select game.

Tags: Add Tags