1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 Gaming TV £400 budget

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by M_D_K, 7 Jun 2012.

1. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

Looking at getting another TV just for the xbox, currently using a 100hz LED TV and I don't like it for gaming it doesn't seem to refresh fast enough there is definate blurring, I've read around that plasmas are still the way forward unless you have a massive budget, can anyone recomend a decent sized plasma 32" pllus for my price range? Or am I asking too much?

I have had a look around and there are a few cheap 42s at around £350 but I think im clutching at straws hoping there ok as I've got very little funds at the moment lol.

Cheers peeps in advance.

2. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Panasonic and Samsung make decent plasma tv's. Sadly I cannot recommend you anything as I don't own one. But perhaps looking into reviews of those brands will help?

3. TrevDX

TrevDX Ah Who Cares Anyway???

I don't think you'll get a plasma at 32" IIRC they all start at about 42"

4. mucgoo

mucgoo Minimodder

5. adzc1987

adzc1987 Minimodder

I thought plasmas where old hat now and LED was the way forward?

6. Edwards

Edwards Minimodder

What is your current TV? A lot of TVs at 100Hz don't play well with standard inputs, and you may need to play around with motion interpolation settings on the TV to get it to look right. Considering the refresh rate on the Xbox is only 60 hz, to display smoothly at 100Hz your TV will need to make up the other 40 frames by interpolation, which is where the blurring is likely coming from.

7. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

Nah, nothing quite like the blacks from plasma TVs at the minute.

8. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

I've got an LG 47" LCD its not LED Can't remember the model was about £550 new at Christmas from Richer Sounds.
    I've turned off all the motion stabilizers and fidled with the settings and still can't get along with the TV, I kind of regret selling my old TV :(.
    Might be time to scan for some 42" plasmas and see what review sites throw up :)

9. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

I'm in the market for the exact same actually. My old Samsung 32 incher is needing an upgrade.