1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Garden State

Discussion in 'General' started by SitraAchra, 24 Aug 2004.

1. SitraAchra

SitraAchra Minimodder

Anyone seen this movie? It's written, directed, and starred in by Zach Braff. He's JD on the tv show Scrubs and I think it's a great movie!

It's kinda an independent movie so you might not be able to see it right away.
    Lemme know

2. Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto xBurningMikex

Yeah, I saw it on Monday at the only good theatre in Baltimore (CHARLES!). I was late to the viewing I had first planned on, so I waited 2 hours for the next, but it was worth it.

I thoroughly enjoyed the movie as a whole: amazingly directed, using slow-motion and time-lapse to show something rather than for no reason. The storyline was amazing, also. And the music, oh the music...during the movie I noticed the music and was having a headrush with excitement because I like those bands! The direction, the writing, the acting, the music, the excitement, all made this film a wonderful piece of art that it really is. Zach Braff did an amazing job.

But seriously, I left the theatre breathing heavily and in a great mood. Rarely is $8 worth a movie ticket, but in this instance, it was.

3. SitraAchra

SitraAchra Minimodder

Yeah, I forgot to mention the music in my first post. Wow.

4. SitraAchra

SitraAchra Minimodder

Alright I'm bumping this thread because you guys REALLY need to see this movie. Come on!!!!!!!!111onebillion

5. ou7blaze

ou7blaze sensational.

Never heard of it, what's it about?

6. Go4t

Go4t i

saw it a few days ago cant remember which day but it was really good

7. SitraAchra

SitraAchra Minimodder

So, it's about this guy who moves away from home in New Jersey to pursue an acting career, but his whole life has been messed up b/c his dad is his psychiatrist and perscribes him these drugs that make him really dull. So one day he comes back home to NJ for his mom's funeral and forgets his medicine. At the same time, he meets this girl and for the first time he "feels" and gets to be his true self. They fall in love blahblah the end. Anyways it's one of those "coming of age" movies - but the music is spot on for alot of the movie.

I'm not gonna lie, it's kinda a chick flick, girls will cry when they see this, I just smirked, still good tho!