1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Gatewatch + Drive Rails = $70 paperweight ?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by khendar, 19 Apr 2006.

1. khendar

khendar What's a Dremel?

I've a slight dilemma. I've gone and ordered an Aerocool Gatewatch controller/display, and stupidly didn't think to check if its going to fit in my Antec SLK3700 BQE case - which utilises rails for 5.25" drives.

Anyone attempted to install one of these things in a case with rails - if possible, specifically this case ?

Cheers.

2. GuardianStorm

GuardianStorm Minimodder

no, but the holes on it dont line up with the holes on the locking mechanism in the Centurion 351 either..you have to attach it on one side only :(

3. Bubolzm

Bubolzm What's a Dremel?

i would say if you cant find a way to attach it, RMA it and get your money back.

if they ask for a reason, say incompatibility.

4. khendar

khendar What's a Dremel?

Well, I received this in the post today and managed to get it fitted. Just attached a pair of rails and locked it in. Its a little bit dodgy because I can only get one screw in each side due to the placement, but it seems sturdy enough. Its not as if its heavy.

So yay..more pointless rice for me :D

5. mattthegamer463

mattthegamer463 What's a Dremel?

Maybe if you put it in the bottom 5.25" bay (so its resting on the metal thats at the bottom) and then screwing in as many screws as you can get in, that should be fine. I do that with hard drives all the time, because when I use a old case that only has one hard drive mount, but I want some extra drives, I stuff them into floppy slots (where the holes don't line up) and they stay in place pretty well.