1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GCSE's

Discussion in 'General' started by Guest-23315, 11 May 2007.

1. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Yeah, we do iGCSE's because of the coursework.

2. specofdust

specofdust Banned

You're lucky to be doing latin, so don't sweat it. As nath said, it makes many other european languages far easier to learn(a huge plus). Not to mention it can improve your English a fair bit just because you(should) have a much better understanding of how large parts of our language were constructed.

G'luck everyone.

3. Fatboy

Fatboy Bored

I did latin for 2 years and it didnt help me in french or german at all. In fact i dropped latin first. I stayed with french GCSE as a mate was french and pretty much helped with anyhting bar exams. Oh and i didnt go to a private school to do latin.

4. Fr4nk

Fr4nk Tyrannosaurus Alan !

I did CiDA and DiDA, as I cba with he sh!tty content like making a "E-learning package" on healthy eating I came out with a C and a B ! lol

Though I'd do better but it's mainly down to teh content rather than the use of the apps... But yeah, A/A* for art here I come, apparantly it's the hardest GCSE to get an A in too :)

5. Mattt

Mattt Minimodder

like atanum141 said just because you do well at GCSE does not mean you will do well later. did pritty decent in my GCSE's (nearly 50/50 split A/B) and did badly in my A-levels (all D). in which case you will be glad you have decent GCSE's. :)

did latin for a while. it was either that or french! (disliked my teacher alot) :D found it more of a history/past culture lesson then a language lesson.

6. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

If I get two A's in Latin and French, there will be a very very very big party at my house....

(i'm pretty awful at Latin, but pretty good at french)

7. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Oh dear.

Latin Unseen (higher Tier) today, and then French Listening tommorow.

Thank god for the three free periods we get given before the exams!

8. airchie

airchie What's a Dremel?

Probably Prozac after all that! :D

9. liquid_gen

liquid_gen What's a Dremel?

i just started my GCSEs today with my spanish listening exam. Was easy for me and even though i usually miss full marks due to silly mistakes i think i actually got 100% this time. im worried about some other exams though but i try not to think about it.
    Good luck to anyone else doing their GCSEs or any other exams!!!

10. AJB2K3

AJB2K3 What's a Dremel?

Im resitting English 12 years after i first did my GCSE,
    My exam is on the 5&7th june nearly 3 weeks.