1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Gears of War PC Preview

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Guest-16, 20 Sep 2007.

1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

2. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

One thing:

The Brumak wasn't in the Mad World trailer, the Corpser was.

also:

is duplicated on page two, just before the picture and at the bottom

Aside from that, I may have to rebuy GoW because they are intent on forcing us console users to be punished.

Third thing (as quack just confirmed) the ad used Gary Jules and Michael Andrews' version of Mad World.

Last edited: 20 Sep 2007
  3. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

Yeah, I think that I may wind up buying it on PC too, though I think that my 7900GS is going to explode at the mere mention :p

4. quack

quack Minimodder

The advert used the Gary Jules and Michael Andrews version from Donnie Darko.

5. alastor

alastor Minimodder

The whole of the second half of page 2 is a duplicate of the end of page 1 and first half of 2...tut tut :p

Looks very nice, must get a 360 sometime...but that means a new TV as well eurgh.

6. cjoyce1980

cjoyce1980 What's a Dremel?

I have GoW on my 360, gonna wait till the new acts reach the 360 (which they will! microsoft and epic are not usually stupid at the same time)

7. Aankhen

Aankhen What's a Dremel?

I don't understand why the resolution is capped at 1,920×1,200. I thought UE3 was all about high-resolution textures and models and so on?

Anyway, game looks delicious, as it has since it was first unveiled. =)

Last edited: 20 Sep 2007
  8. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

I must have been living under a rock or something - I didn't realise this was coming to PC. I only wondered last night if I'd have kept my xbox360 how much further I'd have got in GoW.

Looks good so far. *Starts scrimping for a 24" monitor* :)

:p

9. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I'm very miffed that I didn't get the layout right :miffed: I can't even being to understand what went wrong.

EDIT: Fixed! RARRRR! Frustration!! Sorry if you've been reading and had to F5. :(

We've got another bit of Gears content coming later which I'm triple checking now.

Last edited by a moderator: 20 Sep 2007
  10. p3n

p3n What's a Dremel?

Sticking with meh orange box!

11. Vash-HT

Vash-HT What's a Dremel?

Well screen resolution != texture resolution afaik, you can run at 1280x720 and still have high res textures, but the screen is at a pretty low resolution. Since the whole "HD" thing, some people act like the screen resolution is everything, and that all other settings are somehow tied to it(texture resolution, model detail). I'm not saying you do, but I've heard it from quite a few people who have 360s or ps3s.

12. soyo

soyo What's a Dremel?

Does anyone know what kind of headphones they are wearing? I would really like to get a pair.

Thanks.

13. Bionic-Blob

Bionic-Blob What's a Dremel?

'Gears of War PC also marks the debut of the Unreal Engine 3 Game Editor, which Cliff was particularly excited about since some of Epic's best designers have come from the modding community.'

Oh i don't know about that. Roboblitz came with it (albeit modded/cut down, but still the Unreal Engine 3 editor nonetheless)

14. Aankhen

Aankhen What's a Dremel?

I know what you mean. Do allow to me assure you, though, that I realize screen resolution != texture resolution. ;) I suppose it was a bad idea to bring up the texture resolution in my OP: what I was really wondering about is more along the lines of "what limitations are there that force Epic to cap GoW at 1,920×1,200 rather than, say, 2,560×1,600".

15. DeXtmL

DeXtmL What's a Dremel?

What GPU should i have if i wanna play it at 1280x800 without AA?
    Please give me some suggestion. thanks

16. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

this game looks great. hope it isn't like a Halo2 port.

im interested in whether my q6600+8800GTS320 can do this game at 1680x1050 on highest. if it can, surely UT3 can be maxed on my system, at worst, a decrease in resolution.

Tags: Add Tags