1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics GeForce 6600(s) vs. Radeon X700 Pro benchmarks...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tmod, 8 Sep 2004.

1. tmod

tmod What's a Dremel?

Guru3D Reports...

The results are close most of the time between the 6600GT and X700 Pro, although the vanilla 6600 beats the X700 Pro in Doom 3 (and the 6600GT gives it a real beating). The X700 Pro was clocked 425/430.

Last edited: 8 Sep 2004
  2. jaguarking11

jaguarking11 Peterbilt-strong

no ofense but I would not belive everything that comes out of that site. I am a member of the forums there just serch my curent sn. But guru is a lil biast just like other sites are ati biast. If you want a fair comparison of the cards you look at the types of games and engines they use that you want to play and read from both sides, then decide on the card you want to purchase or use.

My .02c

BTW i am a lil nvidia biast but thats because I am very comfortable with their drivers and also the way to tweak them. Also nvidia card seem to be the best for the games I play witch some are aged such as q3 and some may be new such as doom3.

3. Tim S

Tim S OG

I don't know yet.... I've not been briefed on clocks/fill-rates etc, but will be briefed (under NDA) on friday (I can't think of anything else they'd be briefing me on at the moment, anyway). I have heard that the X700 XT has been moved back slightly and they're renaming the old X700 XT to the X700 PRO, so it will fit in slightly below the 6600GT.

Tags: