1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Geforce 7800 GS SLi or IGP Intel HD 4600?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by trueno!, 31 Aug 2013.

1. trueno!

trueno! That's TRUE-N-NO if ure not sure!..

No can do already bought the Haswell board & CPU, anyways he's gonna be running it 24/7, so the heat output may become an issue if had an AMD rig, but correct me if I wrong though...
    Yeah, already thought of that, however, I might not have a lot of time for testing his cards without him having to be without a PC for a couple of days! Will probably just get him to use IGP and see how it goes. If he's not liking it then I'll just stick in the 2 GPUs and let him find out for himself whether they do better or not...
    Thanks for the comment/feedback! ;) We'll just have to find out for ourselves :p
    10£ probably won't get me anything seeing that people are selling low end cards like HD6450s & GT610s ~15£, I'll be surprised if a GTX260 goes for a 10£ if it does come round about this time soon ( not in 2 years times!!! ) :p

2. AlienwareAndy

AlienwareAndy What's a Dremel?

Yeah I was going to say why not just try both and run some benchmarks?

I would strongly imagine the SLI set up would trump the onboard easy.

3. trueno!

trueno! That's TRUE-N-NO if ure not sure!..

I'll soon find out when I get this build running at my cousin's and getting feedback from him later on :D

4. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

You would be surprised. I picked sold my 4870 for 30 a few years back. Quite a few people still rock an 8800 which would have limited resale value. Worth putting something in MM asking for a donation or selling for postage. You might get lucky. Remember newer cards are less power hungry and slightly better than what came before. A few really old cards are worth considering