1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling Gelid Tranqullio

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by nathanddave, 12 Jun 2010.

1. nathanddave

nathanddave What's a Dremel?

Well I built my pc everything works perfect and fine I have a LGA 1566 socket and the heatsink came with only 3! thread screws that connect the heatsink to the motherboard. This meant I was unable to put in the 4 screw because it wasn't actually a screw!

So it is running fine at the moment, but I really need another screw, I have emailed Gelid solutions about this, they have not replied as of yet. I am just wondering if there is any place to find the these screws on the internet to buy. As they must be worth very little. This is very annoying but a good heatsink.

At the moment the i5 750 idles around 30degrees, probably due to the not properly fitted heatsink as of yet.

Just a quick edit, when i said connects to the motherboard I meant the mounting bracket behind the motherboard.

Any ideas would be great

Thank you:thumb:

Last edited: 13 Jun 2010
  2. KD88

KD88 Minimodder

Hi, I also have a Tranquillo but I use an AMD CPU so don't need the screws (I presume you are talking about the largish ones with the tension springs) so if you P/M me with your name and address I will send you one.

3. KD88

KD88 Minimodder

It will be posted tomorrow (wednesday) so should be with you thursday. Let me know if you receive it ok.

Somatic likes this.
  4. seanbean

seanbean Certa Cito

...and this is the sort of thing that makes this forum great!

5. el2k

el2k Modder

Kind gestures make me smile.

6. nathanddave

Thank you so much

And I have to agree with both posts from seanbean and el2k.:D:thumb:

7. nathanddave

It has come, I have installed it.

Thank you very much (again)

:thumb:

8. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

Yep, I had the same with my Titan Fenrir. Was looking for LGA775 parts, and this forum stepped up. All hail Bit-Tech! :)

9. mrhrk01

mrhrk01 What's a Dremel?

Alot of people have adviced me from buying the components and building my new PC. Bit-Tech Forum members are fantastic, and to join this forum where I can learn this info has been one of the best decisions I have made :) Bit-Tech is a fantastic forum! :)