1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. sharpethunder

sharpethunder Minimodder

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-10-05-battlefield-3-steam-release-in-negotiation
    EA and Valve are currently in "late-stage talks" to secure a Steam release for the PC version of Battlefield 3, according to an alleged insider.

BF3blog's source claimed the two parties are close to reaching an agreement which would see the game arrive on Valve's Steam store in time for the game's 28th October launch.

As detailed back in August, EA decided not to sell the game through Steam because of Valve's "restrictive terms of service" regarding patching and DLC.

We've asked the relevant parties for comment and will update if we get a response.

Which if happens i will be happy

2. yassarikhan786

yassarikhan786 Ultramodder(Not)

My game keeps crashing on me or throwing me off the servers. It's putting me off playing the game until the official release.

3. Krazeh

Krazeh Minimodder

It's already been stated on the Battlelog forums that this is nothing more than a rumour. I wouldn't hold your breath.

4. Zorndar

Zorndar What's a Dremel?

just to show how awesome the Mav is, look at this video.

Man so many points to go.

5. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

i think its fairly balanced, with maybe with Metro map its slightly tilted towards KDR.

becoz killing a guy nets u 100 points, yes. but killing assist (which doesnt count to ur KDR) nets as many point as health u taken off of the guy. suppression assist. device destroyed. those are small counts of points here and there that in the end, can be play a big part in teamwork but not necessarily affect ur KDR.

its good.

disarming, arming the mcomm (objectives) are 100 points each too. spotting an enemy gives u 10 if that enemy is killed.

so the incentives are there, and DICE might tweak it even more, so thats a step in the right direction. of course, there r many many COD players playing the game focusing on their KDR.... so.........

6. Redbeaver

LOL full of WIN.

but....

....like vehicle, that thing should explode if the C4 thats sticking to them exploded as well :D

7. lm_wfc

lm_wfc Minimodder

*2.2%

8. stefan442

stefan442 Minimodder

Just cancelled mine, but only because its 10 quid cheaper else where.

9. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

10. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

I've sorted out my overclock so I can get smooth game play and I'm loving it, just a shame it's taken so long. But not long till full release now anyway.

11. Redbeaver

on UAV and C4......

DanSaturn Dan Saturn
    @Battlefield c4 needs a revise, too many game crashing bugs
    17 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Battlefield Battlefield
    @
    @dansaturn We're aware of the crashing issues involving c4, they will be fixed for the release. ^NW
    13 minutes ago

RedBeaVeR RedBeaVeR
    @
    @Battlefield @dansaturn good to hear. exploding C4 on top of MAV should blow up the MAV as well! LOL
    6 minutes ago
    in reply to ↑

@Battlefield
    Battlefield
    @redbeaver Agreed!!! ^CH
    7 minutes ago via HootSuite
    Favorite Retweet Reply

12. CrazyJoe

CrazyJoe Modder

*whistles*

BF3 is cheaper on Amazon, play.com, Zavvi, Tesco, D2D, shopto and many more.

*keeps whistling*

13. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

lol early morning posts

14. stefan442

stefan442 Minimodder

it was quite an odd one... 35!! pffft....

15. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Independant retailer vs massive multi-million online retailers.... What would you expect. Additionally, wholesaler prices are exceedingly high for bother this as MW3.

Still, code for pre-load and CD on day of release. Sorted :D Pre-order is already in with Jester.

I'll be trying that C4 trick this evening I think, just for the giggles. Claymores are still as useful as they ever were though, it has to be said :)

16. Juu

Juu Haters Gonna Hate [✓]

As 'great' as it is reading your advertisement for ziip in every post you make, I'm going to go to Amazon where I get a preorder bonus, cheaper price, and it will arrive a day or two before the release date.

17. [ZiiP] NaloaC

I hardly post the same material in every single post I have on the forums here, otherwise I think 1,998 advertisments or plugs would have had me banned a long time ago here since I joined.

Sure, I give a few plugs for the Gamestore, no harm in trying to help a friend is being a bit adventurous in an extremely competitive market and integrating a community into a business for himself.

If you do not like the occassional comment on the gamestore, feel free to ignore them and skip to the next post. Thank you.

In other news....

Beta is ending on the 9th seemingly, so we get to stew for a few weeks after. Thank feck, otherwise I'll get nothing done for my PhD between it and everything else going on here.

18. Juu

Juu Haters Gonna Hate [✓]

Yes, you would have thought so.

Likewise, when you see someone buying from another store that offers better value, feel free to ignore them and skip to the next post. Thank you.

19. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

[ZiiP] NaloaC are you making money by mentioning Ziip? More than likely, no.

So he isn't advertising, he's using word of mouth to spread something he likes. Everyone who uses Bit-tech mentions Scan (UK) or Newegg (US) when someone ask where to order parts, does that mean we are advertising for them? No, we mention them because we like shopping there. So please get off his back or skip his post

[ZiiP] NaloaC likes this.
  20. [ZiiP] NaloaC

No I do not receive money or anything from ZiiP. I chuck the odd plug in here and there. I'd hardly expect, ask or even demand a commission for mentioning a mates business. Anyways, let's move on. :)