1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. CrazyJoe

CrazyJoe Modder

I am!

Plus they say that the digital delivery is cheaper since they pass the postage savings on, so it's not free delivery at all!

2. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

CrazyJoe, can you PM me where you're getting that problem fella?

So as not to take the thread off-topic, ta :)

3. [ZiiP] DarkJester

[ZiiP] DarkJester What's a Dremel?

Hola peeps,

Just to answer the question regarding postage within ZiiP and just to get a couple of things straight.

First, many businesses offer free delivery - but of course, they still have to pay the actual cost of postage. All businesses will put their cost of postage in their price. It is the same as your local takeaway saying free delivery over £8 - It isn't free delivery at all - the cost is taken into account with the cost of the food.

I appreciate what you are saying regarding the difference in price. Please understand that the base price of the game is the price of the boxed game including the postage.

Out of that we still have to pay the postage. We could quite easily say, regardless how you want your game - we'll charge the same amount. Our boxed price is competitive against other digital download sites - and we could just pocket the saving we make by not having to buy a box, glue, postage label, postage itself, subscription to Smartstamp™ etc.

Instead, actually what we do is take that cost - which is around £2 (bit less to be fair) and take it off the price of the Digital Download version - basically passing the entire saving onto the customer.

Considering with some AAA releases I'm lucky to make a one or two pound margin to remain competitive, I don't think what we advertise and offer is an unreasonable way to position ourselves in the market.

As usual, I won't say or reply any more here as it is not what this thread is for - If anyone wants to discuss things further, email me: gamestore@ziip.co.uk

4. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

i was bored, so went reading on random websites (well, not random, GameReplays is in my fav for BFBC2 guides)

http://www.gamereplays.org/battlefield3/portals.php?show=news&news_id=829966

i really hope the final release will not have those issues. especially the insta-death problem. i have had that a lot during Beta, this is also the reason i was hoping damage model to be tweaked for release (which they are)

the instant first bullet strikes you, you should know which direction and able to retaliate, this was not the case during BF3 Beta. i sincerely hope the they fix this issue, better hit-reg or not, insta-death is much more game breaking.

5. Zorndar

Zorndar What's a Dremel?

Hopefully they fix those bugs,especially the cover bug is strange. Lying in complete cover an suddenly a bullet hits you through the cover, most annoying thing ever. The instant death also bothered me as well. Sometimes i also had the fieling that i must had hit the target and then i saw they had full health in the death cam, just like the one which has done the video.

6. [ZiiP] NaloaC

Interesting video.

They did say something about the insta-death while sprinting being fixed and that the hit detection had been tweaked. I know the build was about a month or two old that we played, but like you said Wuy, let's hope these things are not in it.

I know I had my fair share of insta-deaths, but I just put it down to someone getting a good shot and never really paid attention. Though the bug of shooting someones dead body and killing them anywhere in the game always made me chuckle :D

7. wyx087

lolwut?

:)

8. [ZiiP] NaloaC

There was a bug that you could identify whenyou were killed. When killed by someone, if the killcam showed them as being a dead corpse somewhere, usually with their gun sticking up out of their body, it would lock the body there.
    If you failed to kill that person and the game moved to the next section, you could sneak back to the other area and shoot the body. That would kill the enemy player, regardless of where they were :)

True Story. Very entertaining :D

9. yassarikhan786

yassarikhan786 Ultramodder(Not)

Have you guys seen this, it looks interesting.

10. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

11. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

there is in beta.

i dont think there is one in BF2, or i just never use it. or at least not for jet there isnt.

i think there is in BF2142 tho...

12. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

that **** pretty sick! but freddiew always got entertaining stuff. i should sub his youtube lol

13. xXSebaSXx

xXSebaSXx Minimodder

I didn't play the Beta too much... Only about 15 hours total ;) But I always attributed those "instant deaths" to head shots, or well placed "center mass" shots....
    I don't care what kind of armor you're wearing... A .762 straight to the head means you're dead on the spot. And a well placed "center mass" shot with the right caliber bullet will do the same. I figured that those times I got killed instantly, or downed someone with one shot were due to well placed shots rather than "bugs".

14. Bede

Bede Minimodder

DICE are not exactly known for their skills with hit-registration. BF2 has some of the worst gunplay of all time, 2142 hardly improves on this and BC2 notably went through several patches where a knife to the back did no damage at all. Luckily they seem to have sorted out their hit-reg issues with BC2, and Vietnam especially has very satisfying gunplay - assuming that the beta was an early build (as has been argued elsewhere) we may actually be fortunate with the full release of BF3.

15. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

Lol, gotta love how he used gun sounds from COD4

16. wyx087

this is a game, not real life.

even with headshot, it should still take 2 to 3 shots to kill. this will give a chance for victim to work out where he's being shot at and fire back. this is why i dislike hardcore mode in BFBC2 so much, it doesn't feel like a game anymore, you can't work out where the shots coming from, and the whole experience breaks down.

if you want real life, go play Battlefield 4 :p

17. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

18. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Come at me bro

19. murraynt

murraynt Modder

Ordered.
    I had one or two issues with my postal address so I just got a the digital version. :)

20. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

pre loading now? those pics are spooge worthy