1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. yassarikhan786

yassarikhan786 Ultramodder(Not)

The vastness of the Maps is breath taking and I love how competitive the large maps make the game.

2. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

sounds like the client side hit-reg creating this problem with insta-death. i hated it during Beta, and it might even put me off this game.

it's still early days by DICE's standard, we'll get there this time next year.

3. stefan442

stefan442 Minimodder

Just got my self a quad core processor! :) Overclock time and i should be bottleneck free.... woop! Running Prim95 as we speak.

Had to comprimise on RAM speed though.... :( bit of voltage me thinks. See how bf3 performs, anyone playing bf3 as we speak? Had a quick look at VPN, seems fine. ]

Need reassurance though.

4. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

I can't wait till friday :(

5. MiT

MiT Don't feed me after midnight!! nom

LMAO!! :hehe::hehe:

6. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I just used the proxy settings posted in the thread last night, activated and changed back, if you don't you will never get to play very slow lol works a treat played SP last night MP tonight heh

Sent from Bittech Android app

7. Kernel

Kernel Likes cheese

How big is the download for BF3?
    I have the preorder on amazon, but tempted to download it.

8. Brooksie

Brooksie What's a Dremel?

11gb I think

9. yassarikhan786

yassarikhan786 Ultramodder(Not)

Yep. 11.4 GB.

10. stefan442

stefan442 Minimodder

yup, but for some reason origin download 12.7 for me :s

11. Kernel

Kernel Likes cheese

Hmm, I think that is gonna blow my bandwidth usage for the month

12. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

What's the fps difference from a 2500K & 2600K?

13. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Probably nothing as:

a) the game doesn't max 4 cores 100%
    b) it doesn't support HT (AFAIK)

14. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

BAM!

Ok, here's my early reports:

SP:
    1. up until the russian dude, the story is "good" but the gameplay is great. but nothing jaw-breaking that makes it more uber than, say, CoD.
    2. i was skeptic with the jet co-pilot segment but heck, that was fun!
    3. graphic was GREAT but for some reason is MORE LAGGY than MP.
    4. yes, there are quicktime events. at the right time, HIT E/SPACE/CLICK!!!! ugh. they're nice to the flow of the "story" but gameplay-wise can be frustrating and non-immersive.
    5. did I say graphic was great?
    6. no manual save-points. its all auto-saves. this can be either good or bad depending on ur preference, but in general it sucks to die ALMOST to the next checkpoint.
    7. It's a great GREAT way to introduce people to the game mechanics. jump, prone, hold Shift, Javelins, zooming, grenades, knife kills, etc...

Rating: 8/10

MP
    1. only played a few rounds on Bhazaar, Seine Crossing, Tehran highway. these 3 maps FAR exceed my expectations. its NOT as huge as BF2 maps, but its loads of fun.
    2. way more polished than BETA. less glitchy (1-click register) smoother animations, a few more menus and tweaks. u can hit Esc while waiting and do ur option before u deploy.
    3. graphic was awesome and WAY smoother than SP. frostbite is great when u got a tank. but if u got the option of crumbling a side of a building into soldier, or just shoot the soldiers, u'd rather just send the lead directly to their face.
    4. whats with the instant death u guys talkin about? when i die, i know who hits me, with what, and approximately what direction. hitbox and netcode is way better than BETA.
    its not perfect, coz when it's laggy, u still get lags. just pick low ping servers.
    5. smoke is overpowered. lol
    6. mortar is somewhat overpowered. holy crap those stuff are awesome.
    7. Recon's mobile spawn point is destroyed once u used it?? lame.
    8. T-UGS works.
    9. spotting is a lot faster to disappear, its almost useless unless u keep an eye on target. makes Recon job a bit more useful, i admit.
    10. Commo-rose works fine. when ur low on health or ammo, u get the "Press Q to request Medic/Ammo".
    11. minimap is way better, but still a far cry from BF2's full-map view. the contrast is way better and u can zoom in/out pretty far. but the SKULL. omg its filling up the screen. somebody need to make it smaller. i found myself constantly zooming in and out so i can see beyond the rows of skulls.
    12. speaking of row of skulls, lol... its funny to see NOBODY has a clue whats going on at times. everybody's just running around and try to kill people. and get killed by the few who knows the map.
    13. vehicles can be pretty potent if u know how to use it. else, a couple engs can finish off any vehicles FAST.
    14. recoil seems harder than in BETA. and damage seems to be slightly lower. my pistol and 870 kills a little slower.
    15. there are weapon unlocks that are available to DICE employees? lol check ur battlelogs.
    16. where's my warfare packs??? :(
    17. some lights CAN'T be shot off. this can be a problem with glare.
    18. revived doesn't count as death. and being rez is not buggy. u stay proned and can take ur time to accept or decline.
    19. there's definitely appearance tab. this is awesome yet can be troublesome in spotting friends or foe.
    20. ranking doesn't seem to be tweaked. some people hits rank 7-8 within the hour or two. we'll be seeing rank 40 in a couple of weeks. or less.
    21. chat text input is now clearly identified, which is great, but the actual chat box is HUGE. it takes out a bit of chunk of ur screen. its color-coded so its nice. but if someone spam chat, there's no way i can take that out. need to find the setting to make it smaller or more transparent...

Rating: 9.5/10

Last edited: 25 Oct 2011
    yassarikhan786, Jake123456 and wyx087 like this.
  15. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

T-UGS, the motion sensor? how does it work exactly?

have you experienced anywhere that you don't get any notification before you die? eg, full health one moment, next moment dead. no red arrow towards whoever is shooting at you. this is regardless of knowing where the killer is, this is more about whether there is a delay between first bullet hit, and your death.

16. spectre456

spectre456 What's a Dremel?

I believe it works like the motion sensor in blops. you plonk it down on the ground and chump who walks by gets spotted.

17. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

Not true, DICE mentioned on a tweet the Frostbite 2 engine will use upto 8 cores and also use HT processors!

18. Sn:99.3% Cu:0.7%

Sn:99.3% Cu:0.7% What's a Dremel?

@Redbeaver

Cheers for the feedback, really can't wait for friday now. Just got 2 killa shifts of 28 hours of hell over two days! Dam diwali!!

19. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

it works by putting enemies on ur minimap. i think. it was too hectic for me to confirm but i drop one and it starts goin BLEEP BLEEP BLEEP and my minimap shows 3-4 doritoes so i went WTF BLAAARGH SHOOT SHOOT! :blush:

most of my death that i can remember is when im not full health, and i died around the same time i see the directional arrow.

but full health then POW! on the ground with no directional arrow? Never.

couple deaths i saw the arrows then my health drops n i try to run away but i still get the arrow. then i died. but thats more like the guy kept shooting at me.:duh:

i think all the deaths that i can remember (only have 28 so far lol) i saw the red arrow coz ive never said to myself "what the fudge happened??" but lotsa "where the fudge exactly did that came from????"

but who knows, its too hectic to notice when ur having so much fun :clap: but nothin game-breaking so far.

so is the day-1 patch installed already?

btw, i got my email with codes for warfare pack. OOOH YEAAH DAO-12 is COMING!

ps: i had some DEAD then get the arrow too, but i think those are headshot kills. i can 1-shot someone at full health if i aim my 870 right at their face at less than 3ft away.

20. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

Perfect mini review.

Thanks ;D

Rep'd