1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. J!n

J!n That's aperture science

I have a 5870 with a q6600 3.6Ghz 4gig ram (will upgrade to 8 next) My game defaults to high in auto mode i also tryed uping to ultra and got lots of graphics hicups and latter watched a four part demonstration on youtube about the game engine and the designer said that ultra settings is ment for people with a graphics card of 1.5gb of Vram or more, so would like to say to anyone whos upgrading soon to go for a card of 1.5Gb of vram at min. (see you in two years when looking at 3Gb for the next cyrsis game :lol:)

2. Fluidic

Fluidic What's a Dremel?

9-half 9 tonight mumble for the regulars some bf3 fun

3. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

Origin.

As much as i like the concept of you.

I hate you right now.

Apparently they've merged the SWTOR and Origin Account info (read : Password)... even though SWTOR won't need Origin.

What does this mean ?

a) I can log into SWTOR still.

b) I can't log into Origin.

c) The whole point of having different PWs for accounts has now been rendered moot.

4. WildThing

WildThing Minimodder

Yep, me too. It had better come tomorrow, and even then I think I'll probably complain to Amazon...

5. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Woo, 2 Pretty good games, and then i got booted from the server, Cheers ZiiP.

Sam

Ninja Edit, Seems i wasn't the only one either, Will give it another go later

6. gilljoy

gilljoy Minimodder

I get kicked from the game ocassionaly.

But I Absolutely love this game.

7. Jeevus

Jeevus Minimodder

I had the problem of being able to logging into Origin...nah just kidding. Logging into Origin and getting into Battlelog but not being able to play/connect to anything - even the campaign! Turns out Spybot S&D was the problem so quickly uninstalled it.

This game really does feel like BC2 to me (read hard because I am used to BLOPS and takes me a while to change from my rushing around style), but the graphics are really nice.

Shame the Campaign "style" is incredibly samey to BLOPS/MW2 etc.

8. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

Had a few rounds on ZiiP there now (as Kvalyr). I haven't been playing BC2 lately so I was definitely a bit rusty, but got into the swing of it eventually.

Performance has been sublime. Everything at Ultra and just dialled back the AA to 2x and it's smooth as butter.
    On the other hand, I don't think the graphics are THAT amazing; at least not in MP; but they weren't in BC2 either and that was still my favourite online shooter for months.

Gave the campaign a try on hard just now as well. Got as far as the iconic sniper scene from the trailers (which admittedly isn't very far) but it just wasn't all that fun or exciting in practice with all the scripting.
    Plus, choosing the hardest difficulty was a mistake in a game which punishes you for dying with a stupidly long death animation and a loading screen?
    I don't think I'll bother with the campaign again until I've got the game running off an SSD, couldn't be arsed waiting around like that. It's only a few seconds, but it's enough to kill the fun when deaths come often.

9. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

TBH in MP games I always turn off as many effects as possible. If it messes with your aim it needs to get gone. All that smudging, HHAO, and crazy bloom is just a handicap. And don't get me started on motion blur...

10. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Just finished top of ZiiP server, dont ask me how but i did

[​IMG]

Last edited: 28 Oct 2011
  11. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

Well mine is installing now, having a bevvy and browsing this place whilst waiting...

ID is Finger66, same as BF:BC2, I'll be going on the ZiiP server as soon as I can...

12. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

I've also got a 5870, makes me wonder if it's to do with 5870s, AMD's current drivers, or some other underlying cause. I've never had a game outright crash just because the settings were a little too high for the card. But then who knows. :confused:

I really wish developers took this into consideration more when making games. If they want to add all sorts of fuzzies and pretties then that's part of their design, but it gets to be a problem when such gameplay impacting visual features are optional in a multiplayer game. I don't want to have to choose between competitive gaming and good graphics!

13. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Cannot find you mate

Look for me, mr-happy44

14. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

Just been sorting out the key binds in campaign, I'll be there shortly.

15. Telltale Boy

Telltale Boy Designated CPC Jetwhore

I keep getting this very annoying bug where the scoreboard comes up after I die and it won't disappear or let me deploy; only fixed by having to close down the game and re-open it, losing my stats.

Anyone else getting it?

16. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

@Telltale boy: press TAB, it will go away. I had a bug where Q commands started flashing all over, solved by pressing Esc.

PS: Had some fun today, had bad stats in first few rounds, then this happened :
    [​IMG]
    :D

17. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

I've played 20 mins or so but I'm off to bed.

Only problem I noticed is the 'feel' of the guns, maybe I need to tweak some settings or something but they feel slow and AMS seems to be jumpy. Might be the RAW mouse input that's set on by default but *shrug* they just don't feel 'tight' currently. Maybe that's me needing to get used to the recoil of certain guns or whatever, I'll give it a longer play through tomorrow.

18. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

I played the single player campaign for around 40 minutes, just to get a feel for it (I never played the alpha or beta).

I then jumped onto the ZiiP hardcore server for a few games.

This game is good, very good. I can see myself playing more of this. :D

My GTX 460 SLI setup runs ultra well @ 1680x1050, although HBAO and motion blur is off with texture settings on high instead of ultra as I only have 768mb cards.

19. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

theres a few niggles and some map tweaks needed. but i booted into my first server and within 10 seconds saw a jet get shot down and smash into a mountain, thats value for money right there.

20. rogerrabbits

rogerrabbits What's a Dremel?

Had a GREAT night tonight!! The campaign was pretty boring last night but tonight I just did multiplayer and Co-op with a friend, and it was a LOT of fun. The multiplayer was truly epic although I died a lot and didn't really know what I was supposed to be doing, but it seems awesome and I look forward to learning it better.

Co-op was really good too. Only done a defense mission and a chopper mission so far but it's so much fun. :) I just ordered myself some more RAM. I thought I could get away with 6gig but I notice it's almost entirely used by the game.. So I bought 2 more and hopefully 8gig will be enough. It was hitching a bit so hopefully the ram will fix that.