1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. Olivier

Olivier New Member

Any idea on the console string to check ping? I have a feeling some of the lag may be my end, either way it's rather infuriating.

2. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Loving my M1911 Sup as backup, a few times I've given folks a lead salad with much satisfaction when they've tried to ambush a poor sniper.

Olivier: I think lag issues can almost universally be assigned server-side atm. Be interested to see if you find the command though, should be the same as for BF:BC2 as it's FB2 engine.

3. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Well-Known Member

Wuy, to follow up with the AA Launch tone;

When there is a solid tone and you've been locked onto, listen for a slight beeping in the background, as well as the tone, that means that they have fired. That is the best time to launch, just don't stay still ;)
    It might be hard to detect on speakers, but on headphones, I can hear it pretty damn clearly and it allows you to use your flares a bit more tactifully.
    However, infantry launchers need to reload, vehicles have 2 missiles per salvo. If I'm in a AAA, I fire one, wait for flares, then lock and fire again. Helps alot.

4. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

thanks! will try to listen for it.

real jet fighters have automated flare systems..... it's such a handful trying to manage flares, not crash AND hit a target using two weapons.

i don't think servers report ping. i saw it on ProCon (a RCON client) news, BF3 servers don't report pings at the moment, that is why there are no ping for each players. it's coming in a patch apparently.

5. TheStockBroker

TheStockBroker Well-Known Member

Just up the voltage as mentioned previously - worked a treat for me, and seems to have solved the problem for others as well!
    Tehran highway is indeed pretty sucky, although I've had some nice 'camping' cross-map bi-pod support kills there...

Naooo, Wyx don't say that! We're a forum of enthusiasts - I demand you OC your 580 immediately; after all it's ended up doing wonders for my framerate!

Totally with you on needing to practice aerial manoeuvres, definitely a shame about the server start requirements - also a shame is not being able to queue for your preferred server; a glaring omission in my books!

Would love to know this as well!

TSB

6. wyx087

what setting are you running the game at, TSB?

7. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

Guys do not ask for sponsorship under the guise of CPC and Bit-tech.

DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT

DO NOT!

srsly. :nono:

8. impar

impar Well-Known Member

Greetings!

9. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

wadaya mean by "ask for sponsorship" Rogan?

like... sponsoring into another platoon? sponsoring into a new job? new country? new mod project?

just curious...

10. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

Sponsorship for a server ^.^

11. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

still dont get it. but im gonna take that as a good sign :D guess im in the clear.

12. wyx087

i think Rogan got slightly confused with the threads, we were asking about this in the game server thread.

13. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

feck. :'/

14. TheStockBroker

Well, this won't really be fair/comparable because when creating the bios, I truly unlocked the fan - so if untamed it would just spin up until the voltage/current burns up the motor/servo.

I can control the RPM though; and have it at 6500rpm which is considerably over the "100% fan speed max" of 5300rpm. At this tornado-esque speed, I'm getting GPU peak temps of 83c (before the case fans spin-up to gaming levels and bring it down to a borderline acceptable 78c) Hot, but hopefully I won't have to have this card much longer! In the interim though, performance is very respectable at said clocks... I have to say though, tempted to push a little further.. but how much further before things start to explode?!

TSB

15. kelvinb

kelvinb BF3 Username - D0rmarth

Does anyone know if Bit-tech or CPC is intending to host a server at all ;)

16. TheStockBroker

To confirm specifics, I'd have to wait until I got home; but as a rough estimate 3/4s High, 1/4 Ultra with 50+fps most maps and occasionally a little lower. Is there a BF3 benchmark tool in the wild yet?

Strangely, I seem to be managing with just the 1.5Gb; whereas CB on the beta gobbled up all available VRAM and then some, no pop-in noticed so far either?

See here

TSB

17. MiT

MiT Don't feed me after midnight!! nom

aahhh thanks. Maybe thats what it was.
    thanks.

18. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

19. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Well-Known Member

Oh, the magnum is epic if the Beta is anything to go by. On normal is was 2 accurate shots to the chest and dead. Very accurate too and nice sights.

20. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

They seem to be decently powerful, the 1911 seemed to make short work of people even on 100% health servers. That said, I haven't used the others very often.

I had my first experience with the flashlight outdoors on Kharg Island. A guy came at me in the open desert and I got blinded, was more than a little confused. The blinding is a really cool feature but it could sure use some work.

Ugh, overhyped weapon much? Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge revolver fan but Dice really made sure to make it as stereotypical as possible. Firstly, no make or model name? Guns don't just make themselves, it has to have a name! Secondly, the flavor text on Battlelog's description? "The most powerful handgun in the world". It's almost as if they wrote that just to troll. Lastly, a scoped version? Seriously Dice?!

Oh well, as much as I hate it I know I'll be using it once it's unlocked. :hehe: