1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. iknowgungfu

iknowgungfu Minimodder

Is anyone flying with 360 controllers? Just wondering what controls you have set up for jet and helicopter. Mainly the movement controls on the sticks. I can't work out the best arrangement.

2. will_123

will_123 Small childs brain in a big body

Had great fun on the bf3 server tonight think i shall jump on mumble at some point this week enhance the experience!

3. Landy_Ed

Landy_Ed Combat Novice

Also just off my first run on the cpc server. muchas gracias, never brought down a heli with a LAW before. I did log into mumble but I think I need to read the manual....

4. MiT

MiT Don't feed me after midnight!! nom

am so pants at flying, need to learn quick time. lol
    was fun on cpc server

tried to connect to mumble but didnt work.

5. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

I've been using one. I did some simple remapping to change spotting and the flare deployment to a better location but left everything else stock

6. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

I am in love with the M39!

Sniper rifle needed? No problem, just kit it out.

Assault rifle needed? No Problem, just kit it out.

It is a monster at any range, but the lower rate of fire is a bit of a git. ACOG, foregrip, Suppressor. Awesome sauce.

CPC server added as Fave, so I'll be on at some stage.

7. iknowgungfu

iknowgungfu Minimodder

I've messed around with mine so much now I have no idea what I should use. I have flares on my left bumper and spotting on the back button.

It the pitch, yaw and roll I am having difficulty with....At the moment for jets I have roll set to the x axis on the right stick and pitch and yaw on my left stick. What do you use?

Edit....BTW had some good games on Ziips server this evening/morning cheers.

8. J0k

J0k What's a Dremel?

AEK-971 seems to be the best gun so far!

Hello all, Im Morphine from over at ZiiP! Been a regular reader here for many years about time I posted!

9. Stewb

Stewb What's a Dremel?

Right so my W/L ratio is improving. I am also almost always in the top 1/4 of the team now :)

Oh and I finally unlocked heatseekers for the jets :lol:

10. iknowgungfu

iknowgungfu Minimodder

I can only dream of heat seekers......

11. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

Ditto... we are the 99%

Bede likes this.
  12. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Unlocked heat-seekers in the Scout Choppers earlier.. Brilliant fun flying up as high as you can and waiting for enemy choppers to appear..

Can also do some rather nice suicide vertical strafing runs. Oh and the AA guns can't hit you with either the guns or heat-seekers :)

13. The_Beast

I left the joystick alone in terms of steering. Throttle up is right trigger, throttle down is left trigger, main weapon is right bumper, flares left bumper, spot y button, the afterburner is pushing down on the right stick and to switch from 3rd person is pushing on the left stick.

Similar controls for the helicopters, however I can fly helis with k/m somewhat well so I don't use the controller as much

14. The_Beast

once someone unlocks flares all heat seeker become utterly useless , unless you work as a team. The first one shoots, the second one waits until flares are deployed then fires before the flares reload.

However they are very annoying to the driver, I've crashed several jets just by keeping a lock on them for extended periods of time without even firing

15. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Not quite. You've got 2 heat-seekers, if the pilot is isn't that confident they'll either fire them off during the lock on process, or when I've locked on. Wait until the flares have faded and go again, by the time you've got the lock and fired, their flares haven't reloaded.

If they pop the flares after you've fired, well, why are you firing both rockets together? One is enough to disable an aircraft. One rocket will go after the flares, regain the lock after and fire the 2nd.

16. kol

kol What's a Dremel?

Just finished the campaign in a single sitting, wow beats cod imo. A bit linear, but the ending blew me away. loved it

17. Sketchee

Sketchee Suddenly, looters! Hundreds of 'em!

Stumbled across the CPC server last night, brilliant fun! Props to Hamfunk and CrazyJoe for carrying me in their awesome squad, ranked up like 3 times in 3 rounds :D

18. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

great fun last night on CPC server. Lassar is a fantastic wingman!

was it you harrasing Lassar and me on Kharg Island? whenever we take off, there's lock sound. we managed to shoot down the odd jets, but the lockon prevented us flying in the main area and have to fly in the hills.

how many rounds does it have? 20 or 10?

im loving the SKS, although takes 4 shots at range, it's a beast with 20 rounds, suppressor and ACOG.

i use 360 controller. i set it up exactly same as HAWX (and cross with GTA). left stick pitch/roll, triggers throttle, bumper buttons rudder, X fire weapon, A boost, B toggle camera, Y bail. Pad: up flares, left/right weapons. spot is not ideal, it's select key.

19. Sketchee

Sketchee Suddenly, looters! Hundreds of 'em!

So the 360 controller should be just plug and play? Can't get mine to work :(

20. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

;)