1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. shaunster1011

shaunster1011 New Member

2. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

I have a problem! Its driving me crazy!

In the new patch, they seem to have enabled force feedback in Xbox 360 controllers. I use one to fly helis, however, now it constantly rattles on my desk under gunfire etc! Is there anyway to turn off force feedback or am I now going to have to leave it unplugged on account of all the rattling!

3. Tokukachi

Tokukachi New Member

This drives me crazy, the contrast is also turned up to 11, and we could use a contrast slider, though I think the reason for this is to hide the frankly shoddy textures.

One of the most annoying things is the IRNV ignores all this (instead of it having a greater effect) which makes it even more worthwhile (and some would say OP)

4. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

Have exactly the same problem! Controller vibrated off the desk onto the subwoofer, then vibrated itself onto the floor, mashed a button and made me hop out of a tank! It really goes crazy when you open up with the M249!!!!

Solution: i unplugged it and stopped flying vehicles for abit!

CrazyJoe likes this.
  5. spectre456

spectre456 New Member

So true. The irnv completely ignores all the lens flare. I swear, half the battle in this game is trying to figure what you're looking at with the lens flare/glare, massive chatbox and HDR effects all trying to skull **** your vision.

6. spectre456

spectre456 New Member

Rest the controller on a pillow or maybe on that box of tissues near the monitor?:hehe:

7. MeddlE

MeddlE Norwegian Blue

8. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

Excellent find!

Sun glare is definitely doing my head in as mentioned earlier, but I guess that's fairly realistic as attacking into a rising sun would do your eyes in no doubt.

9. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules New Member

Been like this since BFBC2 and it drives me insane. I really wish they wouldn't have it look like that. I find it insanely difficult to see things in most lighting scenarios. Way overboard.

10. spectre456

spectre456 New Member

BC2 wasn't that bad with the lens flare. What BC2 had a lot of was dust...

Why is there even lens flare anyway? That's a by-product of a camera lens.

11. Mongoose132

Mongoose132 Duckmad

Because it makes for good screenshots :hehe:

12. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Unlocked the AN-94 last night and well, er, it certainly is a mixed bag.

With just iron sights and controlled shooting it is a beast. With a 4x Scope (or whatever the first scope is you unlock) it is hopeless as the recoil ruins any chance of hitting something when zoomed in.

It looks like the developers have messed up the recoil "coding". The second round in burst mode should not affect recoil at all, given that it is chambered and fired before the first bullet has left the barrel it is in effect a "free" round in terms of recoil. What seems to be happening though is the gun effectively recoils twice making it a very hard gun to learn (unlike something like the F2000 / AEK-971).

I must admit though, getting multiple kills with it using controlled fire is very satisfying.

I also found my hit detection was very off last night on a few servers. I hit a few guys more than once with the MK11/SVD - with the game giving me the hit detection icon - only for them to shoot me dead. The kill cam showed them with 100% health. It felt as if I was slightly out of sync with the server as spotting also didn't work properly.

13. wuyanxu

wuyanxu still wants Homeworld 3

ah yes, but BFBC2 didn't have IRNoobVision that highlights players 100 miles away with bright orange in broad daylight.

i get bugged by the messed up HDR and the cheating NoobVision scope.

also got the xbox controller rumble problem. it's nice to have when in jets. but useless everywhere else. i just put it on the bed next to the computer and grab it whenever i spawn in a jet. wish they can have toggles for different vehicles.

14. Vo0Ds

Vo0Ds Fake potato

I agree, esp when you're a crap rank (such as myself), makes the use of camouflage a bit redundant; may as well be wearing a glowing orange jumpsuit. Should only be used on sniper rifles IMO as it would fit with the recon role.

15. Dwarfer

Dwarfer New Member

The IRNoobVision shouldn't be available on HC. It renders that MODE pointless with it on.

It's the same with spotting and seeing a triangle above the users head. That's being removed so why not IR?

16. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Well-Known Member

17. DevilsShooter

DevilsShooter New Member

I cant stand mortars or IRNV so have made my own little game to hunt those down during games that use them same as that damn f2000.

18. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

I fixed this by taking the controller apart and chucking the rumble motors. I also took the time to clean and grease the gimbals. Joy.

19. nchhabs

nchhabs www.twitch.tv/dracaXL

I've always wondered why the xbox controllers didn't have some sort of hard switch on the back to switch off the force feedback option.

20. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

Is there any way to remap the console activation key? On my keyboard it's dangerously close to the 1 key, so I've activated the console on too many occasions to count. In battle, this is normally fatal.

Any help, please?