1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

I got a chance to play for a few mins with the AN94 post-patch. Definitely a big improvement. :)

The double-shot still loses coherence too fast for the gun to be as useful as I feel it should be in mid-range; And I still prefer my G3 for long-range shooting, but that was the design intent of the G3 and at least now I feel like I have another good choice when playing assault. :D

Going to give the other changes a try later/tomorrow but so far it's looking good for me.

2. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Try 64 player Metro large conquest. When the **** hits the fan around B good or bad doesn't factor in anymore, there'll be bodies. Drop a health kit whenever you see people clustered up and most importantly: be brave. Your team mates will be more than willing to shoot any enemies that come by so just keep your defibs out and never stop running. I've gotten MVP with only a 1-0 KD thanks to the crazy number of revives to be had.

3. Smellyhead

Smellyhead Minimodder

If only people on the PS3 played like people on the PC. I also wish we had 64 player maps, 24 is abit boring.

Last few games I played I managed 9 revives 4 games in a row, I was like =.= so close.

People seem to care too much about K/D ratio, so if bullets start flying they run away and hide as far away as possible.

I gave up on conquest on PS3 since rarely a team makes a push for bases and it ends up as TDM.

I'm hoping after xmas that I'll finally get some spare cahs to grab Win7 and a new graphics card, so I can actually play BF3 on PC, I do miss the more tactical play. :(

4. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Just got an email from EA after reporting a profile in battlelog as a possible hacker/botter lol amused me no end!

5. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

retirements...

dear fellow BF3 soldiers,

I hereby submitting my semi-retirement notice to active battlefield duty. This due to the major preparation in my life for the arrival of... red v2.0.

Don't worry. i'll come visit when i get a chance :D Especially when Karkand is out....... <3

peace out,

Red

6. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

Congratulations, Red. Best of luck with 2.0 and we'll miss you.

7. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

congrats

However if it wants to play COD over battlefield I would think about finding a new one. :lol:

8. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

Congrats RedBeaver!

9. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Congrats, but how did you find the time to get busy!! afterall BF3 was getting hammered by you :lol:

suppose we will see you when Karkand is out :thumb:

10. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

Congrats.

he's got the time to get busy because he's no Nealiboyee (aka Bettyblue). he's a worrier.

i can't say i've noticed the patch did anything. played 3 rounds and didn't get any problem or feel any changes. only thing i've noticed is that there are no more IRNV users :D but still USAS frag in Bazaar. liking the new Battlelog server filter and text chat box. chat box could be much bigger though.

11. The_Beast

Lol, everyone wanted it smaller, now it's too small. Everyone wanted IRNV nerfed, now they want a buffed. Everyone wanted stingers to do less damage, now they want more. Dice why u no find middle ground?

12. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

No crashes first load of the game = win :)

Chat box top left, thank you DICE! I can now concentrate on my game and not some muppet spamming!

Last edited: 7 Dec 2011
  13. wyx087

i NEVER wanted chatbox smaller, the original size was small on my 2560x1440. now i often miss what's been said on chatbox because it's tiny.

IRNV nerf was perfect. as it should. no one is asking it to be buffed.

not sure about your stinger comment. what happened in this patch?? what i do want, however, is don't insta-killed by heatseaking missiles in aircraft, not even disabling aircraft! that must be some super missile. had this happen twice last night!

first patch's heatseakers are perfect IMHO.

14. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

Yeah I was surprised by that, a single missile does 65% damage now which was... eye opening last night to say the least as I rarely get shot down by missiles :blah: Jet vs Jet gun damage seems to have gone up as well now, dogfights aren't lasting as long as they did pre-patch. And with flare reload time increased, all AA or a missile user has to do is get at least one on you and you're down to 35% - easily doable seeing as you carry 2 of them, even more so if you use Beam Scanning.

I've yet to try the upped gun damage against helos yet, but I can't imagine it being too fun for the chopper pilots now...

15. The_Beast

The IRNV are completely useless even in dark maps. They took something that was broken and broke it even more.
    http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654624777310714/11/

Stingers now do ~70% damage (I think) to jets and I think extinguishers and flares get a nerf in reload time.

BTW if you press H you can toggle the chat box to be: Always on, popup when there is new chat or hide completely. Hopefully they color code it like BC2, however it's a lot better than it used to be

16. wyx087

missiles still do 45% as far as i can tell, took a few single ones last night left me at 55% (or i was manoeuvring so it didn't hit properly?) pre-last-patch, i can out manoeuvre them 90% of the time, taking 0 damage.

yes, jet cannon against other jets seems to have increased a lot. downed lassar with much less bullets than before. looks like whoever gets the jump on the other guy will most probably win the dog fight. a lot less chance of using advanced airwarfare manoeuvring to get behind because a quarter of full burst will get you down to disabled. (i think previously is a third or half of full burst).

that's fine tweaks and doesn't bother me that much. but what they HAVE to fix is getting insta-killed by heatseakers. it should only damage the aircraft, NOT the player.

17. RevDarny

RevDarny Minimodder

Anyone had any issues installing this patch? I downloaded the patch and installed. Went to play and BF said the game needed to be installed. Origin then started downloading the file again.

Never got a game in last night as by that point it was peak time and eveyone and their dog was trying to download the patch. :sigh:

I've left the PC on at home, hopefully it will update and install correctly today.

18. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

Saw my first clear cheater today, not seen one till now. Headshots from range with pistols and nearly never missed a shot.

[​IMG]

19. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

That rather awesome moment when I've got a better accuracy score than a cheater. 10.9% vs my 11.8%.

20. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

So far i have not crashed with this patch, but im still being blinded by my own teams flashlight's!