1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Flashlight nerf is good and bad, at distance it's not blinding at all. Me a Draca/Dub tested it out. But once your within a meter of the player it's blinding and only gets worse.

The IRNV is still powerful I used it briefly last night whilst I couldnt see at major distance like before I still saw someone enough to shoot at them xD

2. RevDarny

RevDarny Minimodder

It's annoying but it would happen in real life as well. It's that line between realism and game play.
    Just remember it's the same for everyone.

3. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

Would be nice if it didn't affect teammates on normal but remained the same for hardcore I guess? Either that or build in some kind of usage limit of the flashlight/lasers like a battery meter or something so you can't have it on all the time. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person actually using the T button to toggle it on/off lol.

4. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Quick question. Noob into MP next week, best maps to head for so I can get at least 1 kill before I get to grips with the adrenalin?

5. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

Kharg Island! best map eva! (well, second to Wake Island of 1942)

i use T a lot. in Beta, on Op Metro, i often run around all stealthy, then press T as i shoot and sidestep. it was very successful. :D most maps are now daytime, with more varied distances. so i now just use silencer.

6. adidan

:thumb::D

7. Tokukachi

Tokukachi Minimodder

Hmm, it would appear its time for me to find a gaming group/clan or something as my pool of gaming friends is getting smaller and smaller and move spread out these days ('growing-up' sucks). Fed up of just playing with randoms all the time etc

8. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Hop on to the ZiiP server, we run HC, so you may get taken down a little easier, but it's also 'easier' to kill. Plus we're noob friendly, you won't get flamed by anyone on the server if you have a little mishap with C4 or something :p

Come join us on TS as well, everything you'll need can be found in my sig.

9. adidan

Cheers MBM. :thumb:

Hopefully I won't be a noob for too long, been a while since I did any MP though and I've not got TS either. :rolleyes::D

Will check your sig, disappearing for a few days, should be online next week. :thumb:

GravitySmacked likes this.
  10. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

Grand Bazaar? Great mix of CQB and mid range combat on foot imo, with only the one APC and jeeps to worry about vehicle wise. That is of course, if your team isn't so terrible and they jack your team's APC too... :p

Nice to know I'm not the only one! That's a good point actually, I used to use silencer but took it off because of the minimap bug but now that they've fixed it I guess I can go back to that :)

11. RevDarny

RevDarny Minimodder

12. adidan

:lol:

13. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

I for one am happy the PS3 players are beta-testing this for us ;)

14. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Sig ;)

I believe there's a link in the forums for TS, not hard to get hold off (2mins?). And there's always someone around ready to game against. So just hop on whenever your ready :)

15. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

or if you prefer normal mode (instead of hardcore) and play in the evenings, see my sig :) it's the official CPC/Bit-tech server, with many many forumers on there.

16. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

Can always take a look at Tuned mate, bunch of casual blokes that have been playing for years. Check my sig. Otherwise ZiiP guys seem approachable or just join CPC/Bit Mumble and play on the CPC server with those guys.. :)

17. adidan

Have to get a headset first. :D

Will be hopping shortly. :thumb:

18. Landy_Ed

Landy_Ed Combat Novice

Adidan, other than avoiding Metro early on, most of the maps are fairly intuitive. Just don't jump into a nearly full 64 player server mid evening, it'll put you off for life. My first online game was actually on the CPC server and it was very busy = I got killed about 4 times without having fired a shot, which was pretty demoralising. A lot of people don't realise it, but jumping in cold, even when experienced, onto a busy server you're already behind the curve as everyone else has warmed up already & probably found their groove where you haven't. Find an emptyish server & just run around for a bit, or find an empty server & drag some friends into it using party/invite. I should be on this evening, still breaking in a new server with some guys I've met through work & it only starts to fill up once there are more than 10 players on so early at least you can roam free & build up slowly. I'll prob be on from around 7.30ish, will post the new server details to my sig later on.

19. adidan

Aye, I've not been on a MP since CoD MW2, I get the impression BF3 is a whole different kettle of fish.

Never usually takes me long to progress from noob to being called a cheater (and then back to being called a noob again) but the 64 player servers I'll leave until I can find out where I put that damned pistol. :lol:

Will check out your server next week. :thumb:

Thanks for the pointers and so on guys.

Signing off until Sunday. Laters. :D

20. ZiiP MicJules

ZiiP MicJules What's a Dremel?

Yep we are a friendly bunch of gamers of all skill types or lack of in my case ;)

If you have a mishap, a quick sorry in the Chatbox is all that's needed or if you are on Team Speak, a quick soz is fine and all is forgotten.

We have many Bit Techers in our ranks so the more the merrier - Hope to see you there :)