1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

:lol:DAO 12 , my new favourite weapon, such a blast on Metro conquest maps

2. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

it's definitely a thing of the past. was just about do-able after patch 1, before patch 2. but then DICE broke the jet completely.

i have perfected dodging missiles. Draca can attest to that. the patch broke everything, making fire extinguisher completely useless.

in real life? in real life you have at least 5 sets of auto-launching chaff and flares that allow you to concentrate on your target. if we want it to be same as real life, MANPADS have no chance of taking a jet down, neither does any heatseakers from chopper or AA. in real life losing a jet is impossible unless it's pilot mistake.

in real life jet will be able to to 40 kills easily (if real life people behave like ingame, not seeking cover when a jet roars past).

speaking of real life, i want my free fall bombs! :rock:

3. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

Heli is still very much possible to do it in

Just seen a dude do 110 for 10

just isnt any fun at all, flares make taking them down very hard work.

4. thefriscokid

thefriscokid why s**t so crazy?

The heat seakers found on the Viper are the same carried by the Hornet and other NATO aircraft. It is possible to shoot down modern fighter jets but the likelyness of it happening are not very high unless we go to war with a country that has the capabilities to do so.

5. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

Point taken.. :cooldude:

Enjoyed the games tonight shooting you in the face and shooting people out of choppers. To top it all off I got Deadbolts 'tags! :clap:

6. wyx087

awesome game tonight. got you a couple of times as well :p :D

7. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

True, you did at that.. I'll let you blow your own horn though!

8. nchhabs

nchhabs www.twitch.tv/dracaXL

Some excellent games tonight indeed - looking forward to tomorrow's Aria versus Bit-tech match!

9. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

True that, I always aim for the belly button and do a double tap. The first one hits the torso and the second one, due to the recoil, ends up as a headshot or at least another torso shot which = death

BTW sniper w/ soflam, 2 engineers with Javs and one support (one squad) will provide a nice no fly zone for any of the bigger maps. Flares are null and void at the point too :D

10. Bede

Bede Minimodder

I was ready to take you seriously and then I saw you fly in 3rd person mode :p

11. nchhabs

nchhabs www.twitch.tv/dracaXL

Haha, 3rd person is incredibly useful for situational awareness plus landing (speaking of helis particularly) so I don't see a problem with it at all. ^__^

12. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

I can once again see this descending into SC/HC cluster****, so I'll try not to :p

However, I feel it makes the game that little team based. Many times have I been in a transport chopper with AA being shot at me, I've asked my gunners to see if they can see where the trails are coming from so I can avoid that area or let them hose them down.

I don't really have an issue with landing either planes or heli's with first person, just need to keep a tab on your surroundings.. Which is where the RMB comes in handy.. You can check how close you are to buildings etc.

13. Bede

Bede Minimodder

Ah I was just being bad :D 3rd person is great for situational awareness, I'd imagine especially as a tank driver - hence why I play HC so I can c4 the tanks! I just don't use it because it breaks the immersion for me, but if I played competitively I imagine I would use it all the time.

14. wyx087

immersion in a FPS game? next thing you'd want is 10 minutes of animation between getting in a vehicle and able to drive? :rolleyes:

i always go third person, in every fighter jet game and every racing game. it's a game!

if you can't C4 a tank in normal mode (where does this softcore come from?) then frankly you fail at ninja skills. :p

15. Bede

Bede Minimodder

No, if a tank is C4'ed in normal mode he is incompetent. If, as the driver, you have 360 degree vision round your tank you should not be C4'ed unless you are being mobbed by a tank, heli and infantry squad. If a tank is C4'ed in hardcore he just doesn't have a good gunner (one who covers the sectors that the main gun isn't facing).

I often play in a tank with a friend with voice chat, we are very nearly unstoppable. I play the gunner and I don't think we have been c4'ed more than once in an urban/semi-urban environment.

You also mistake immersion for realism. I don't want realism, hence why I'm not in the Army. I like immersion, which relies on believability and authenticity. 3rd person view completely breaks that for me, hence I don't like or use it.

Phalanx likes this.
  16. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

In normal mod it's very easy to destroy tanks, hardly anyone sues 3rd person.

3 packs of C4 will destroy and tank and kill all inside - trust me I do it alot.

3 packs of c4 strapped to a jeep...with a timely leap...and crashed into a tank...then detonated, will also destroy a tank and kill all inside - trust me i do it waaaaay too much

17. wyx087

just don't use it by don't touch the C button?? this isn't about HC vs normal, it's just a matter of preference, and in normal, you get the choice.

besides, even in 3rd person mode, you only have just over 180 degree view. you still can't see behind your turret. they've made the chase camera a lot closer now.

you really need to go up against DracaXL on the CPC server. he's unstoppable in a tank or LAV!

18. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

Another great night tonight with Red Beaver, Storm and others on the ZiiP servers. And no, storm, I am no robot, I am but a mere man. ;)

Oh, and beaver? Check for C4 next time :D

Last edited: 11 Dec 2011
  19. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

Here's how Canadians park their LAVs
    [​IMG]

20. J!n

J!n That's aperture science