1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. Canon

Canon Reformed

Duly noted tyvm. Totally related; My father was shot in the leg with a baton round (not intended for him) as attempted to remove a hijacker from a bus in Belfast city centre. Fun times.

2. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

I don't see how any one can complain about that as it's a legitimate tactic. Take out the sniper and remove his cover at the same time.

I had a superb round as NaloaC's gunner in the helicopter last night. We only died once and kept the enemy air and armour on its toes. It's amazing what a good pilot can do.

3. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Can't do diddly without a decent gunner though :thumb:

It's fun when you can harass jets enough that they focus on you instead of the other jets so then your team can get air dominance.

Caspian with only 4 capture points does away with AAA, so it allows for the flyboys to be more active and "safe" from ground units, but it can make it harder for ground units to cap points since there can be 25% of your team in the sky (32-man server). Still, we capped 3 points with the chopper so we did alright :D

Gunny, great story. Shame that the guy lost the leg, but better that than his life.

4. Rhydian

Rhydian What's a Dremel?

5. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

6. nchhabs

nchhabs www.twitch.tv/dracaXL

Haha Cassius's kills were hilarious, especially on "PainUser78"

7. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

aw man they were awesome but seriously im getting concerned by all these joypad users, :/

8. nchhabs

Heh, they're just playing the console version of the game. Plenty more PC users out there posting videos, like rechyyy, imanderzel, d0n7bl1nk etc.

9. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

Indeed.. :D Gotta love his carefree attitude to the game.

Yea I get the same feeling but he's on Xbox so nothing to be done about it. Although an Xbox vid has to be pretty amazing for me to want to watch as the quality of player Xbox vs PC is absolutely dire. (maybe due to prevalence of consoles among the younger population??)

10. Bede

Bede Minimodder

It says something about the state of BF3 on consoles that C4'ing a tank is classed as 'trolling' :D

11. nchhabs

Heh yeah, one thing that always amazes me watching console BF3 is how slow the reaction time of enemies/the player seems to be in comparison to PC. It's like entering slow-mo.

12. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

Was playing well last night, until my father decided that my PC didn't need the internet any longer....Sigh....

13. spectre456

spectre456 What's a Dremel?

People in this game complain about everything. it's like the BF community mostly went to sh*t overnight when this game released. Hardly anyone co-operates on objectives or drops ammo boxes or health packs in a lot of my matches. These are my top pet peeves:

-medics who don't revive you when you literally die at their feet

-useless recon players who try to snipe across the map with a silencer on the gun and end up with about 2 kills. They are not even worth spawning on because they are so far back.

-People who complain about m203's and rpg's, even though their damage to infantry is insanely nerfed when compared to bad company 2.

-Seeing 10 people on a team who aren't in a squad.

Last night i tried to practice flying and configuring my joystick on a practice server and some asshole on the opposing team would fly his attack heli over to the spawn and attack me.

Some people are just pathetic.

14. yassarikhan786

yassarikhan786 Ultramodder(Not)

This is what pees me off the most.

15. nchhabs

Play with voice comms! Makes it much better when you've got an entire three squads communicating with you =]

Edit: In other news, will be getting a second GTX 580 (EVGA SC+) for SLI goodness next week :D. Have to replace my PSU though, as 750W ain't gonna cut it.

16. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Ammo boxes are my top issue. I literaly run after a guy who should drop the medic ammo boxes, i scream at him "I NEED AMMO" with the Q key every few seconds, when he stops i stand in front of him, scream "I NEED AMMO" and he simply walks away, with no ammo box dropped. He leaves me there wondering if he is so dumb, idiot or just plain stupid.

Last edited: 11 Jan 2012
  17. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

student loan just came through? :rock:

18. yassarikhan786

yassarikhan786 Ultramodder(Not)

I tend to just throw ammo boxes at team mates as soon as I'm near them and it's feckin annoying when you play as a different class and requesting ammo has no effect :miffed:

19. spectre456

spectre456 What's a Dremel?

DICE really need to implement some sort of Battlefield bootcamp tutorial, because the campaign is not enough. With mass popularity comes mass retardation since you have opened the doors for so many more people to play.

It's even worse when i saw my brother play on the PS3. It's like half of the players didn't know what to do. I saw some guy knife a tank then proceed to get mowed down. People just stand around as if braindead. I can't fathom the amount of kills you would get by playing on the console.

20. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

I know right? Some people even complain about the people complaining!