1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. yassarikhan786

yassarikhan786 Ultramodder(Not)

I know what you mean. A friend of mine recently migrated to BF3 on PC and he was shocked at how much harder it was, but he said it looked infinitely better, so I guess he has something going for him so far.

2. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

never underestimate the stupidity of the casual gamer.

3. nchhabs

nchhabs www.twitch.tv/dracaXL

Nope, sold my Audeze LCD-2 headphone rig :D. I use speakers all the time anyway and already had a pair of B&W P5's so the Audeze's were just sitting in their box for most of the time which is just a huge waste... so I figured, hey, may as well SLI so I can fraps my games.

4. spectre456

spectre456 What's a Dremel?

i think you should get your coat

5. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Curiosity got the better of me and I tried out one of those 2,000 Ticket servers.

It was the dumbest Battlefield experience I've had. 20,000 points on the board, with 4 medals awarded during play and probably a 5th if I had finished it. Ironically enough, I closed the machine down before Origin could sync with the cloud, so no stats were recorded and I am actually glad to be honest.
    When I closed it down I was 145:100 attacking. Few hackers though so I'm reporting them, naturally :D

it just makes no sense. With 2,000 tickets at each section, there is no objective play, it's just a frag fest with no coherent teamwork. Stupid beyond words.

Sure, if you want suppression ribbons, resupplies and revives by the super-tanker-load, then go for it but that is not what Battlefield is about in my mind.

*EDIT* It did sync, Battlelog just updated.... :/

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/15855733/1/215680442/

6. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

having anything not default flags in Rush just gives one side an advantage. so 2000 surely mean give attackers a massive advantage. they could just move up one inch at a time, zero sense of urgency.

7. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

Comment of the week right there!

8. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

The majority of people were just running forward. I joined at the tunnel entrance section and people were being torn asunder. Everyone scared all over the place and no area locked down at all, only once Bravo was taken was there any momentum, but the entrance to the tunnels went down to less than 400 tickets... from 2,000.

It was just retarded, plain and simple.

9. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

I’ve had lots of good experiences with randoms, and if I play with someone I like, then I add them to Battlelog. Played with some Scottish lads, the other day, and ended up on their mumble server eventually, and we took the game by storm. There are loads of good people playing out there (including us on the CPC server), and I rarely find a need to complain about the quality of the people I play with. Whiterider and I played some amazing games the other day, so much so that he had to come in as a Support because we kept running outta Ammo. Ultimately, you shouldn’t expect every random you play with to move with military precision (or anything near it), so its really up to you to find a good server, and good people to play with. Done right, you’ll end up dominating just about anyone who isn’t playing the game ‘the way it’s meant to be played’ (thanks Nvidia – now I have to put that comment in inverted commas)

10. spectre456

spectre456 What's a Dremel?

I think you misunderstand what annoys me about randoms. I don't have an issue with people who aren't good at the game, i have an issue with people who are just downright useless. Supports who never throw ammo and hang out way behind the frontlines with those equally useless recons that enjoy putting 12x scopes and sniping from the spawn with a bipod on metro rush.

If half of those meat bags just stood around at the frontlines while the competent players moved in then the sheer overwhelming numbers would help win games. As it stands, it's usually 5 people that do the heavy lifting in most games and in part i blame DICE for not making it clearer as to what people should do even though it seems pretty damn clear for most of us. A simple mandatory tutorial would do wonders for the state of the game.

11. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Had a pretty good run sniping on Op Metro earlier but the server went down so the session was lost. Went 50 for 25, also shotgunned a few snipers as they where just out of sight but able to snipe. In regards Draca and an extra GPU found MSI Afterburner records quite well and didn't hit my framerate at all!

12. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

Haha, I guess you should try this next: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf...al-Metro-35k-ticket-Infinite-Idle-Braindeath/

:lol:

13. yassarikhan786

yassarikhan786 Ultramodder(Not)

Lol, I find 1000 ticket servers too much. 35k tickets takes the cake.

14. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Might try it out for pure lols.

15. nchhabs

Heard it uses the Fraps engine but not sure if true or not. Bought Fraps already but I think my main bottleneck is not having enough SSD space. My mechanical hard drive can record at 50 FPS solid which is great, but unfortunately with everything on ultra it sometimes drops to 25FPS which is a GPU limitation, so I think the second card should do wonders (assuming I continue playing everything on ultra).

16. nchhabs

Ultimately it's your choice where to play and I think there are great communities out there like SectionSeven and TacticalGamer (if you're really into tactical squad play) but also CPC's mumble + server is great for working together in squads.

One thing that I really want to get better at is jets, right now I'm not super-effective with them but I might do some wingman flying with Wyx or Orca if I get the chance in the next couple of weeks. In tanks/LAV/attack heli/transport heli I figure I've gotten to grips with most of the ins and outs... only jets remain :D... and those damn LMGs.

17. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Well Im going to record via Afterburner some more and see what happens Im not running.ultra as i have chosen to not do it with my 570. Tempted to sli 570's once the price is right the same GPU i have is around £250+ which i can't justify buying right now.

18. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

I'll... get me coat :lol:

19. brave758

brave758 Minimodder

Got a Corsair AX850 powering my rig with no worries but its about as low as you can go i'm guessing

20. brave758

brave758 Minimodder