1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Odd.

I was getting a couple of graphical issues at distance on a couple of maps but the recent nvidia drivers seem to have sorted those out. Not had any crashing of my PC myself, other than the disconnects.

2. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

Anyone else lose a lot of FPS on this last patch? It mostly seems like it happens a lot in jets and less often in helis but still happening once and a while while ground pounding.

I went from 80-100 constant FPS with drops as low as 50. But since this last patch, I seem to be getting 30-80 and going as low as 6 FPS. Keep in mind it's a GTX570 running with everything off and every thing low except mesh draw which is medium. I did upgrade to the latest drivers and that didn't really help, I'm thinking of rolling back 2-3 and see if that helps

3. nchhabs

nchhabs www.twitch.tv/dracaXL

Sounds odd, haven't noticed any FPS drops on my 580s @ Ultra - still rocking around 80 fps average.

4. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

What drivers are you running?

5. nchhabs

Latest Nvidia - just released, 29x something.

6. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

I notice BF3 runs really badly with some things running in the background.

I find closing Live messenger, and killing the live services as well as the media player extender service makes a difference to my framerate. Well I don't check framerate because it just upsets me... let's say 'smoothness' and 'latency' instead.

7. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

hhmm, have to try some of these suggestions.

I'm running an avg or about 30-40 fps, with most stuff on medium and only one or two on high, 2xAA and 8xAF. But I keep getting chronic lag spikes where it'll drop to 1fps. And it always seems to happen just when I need to shoot at someone, or when in close combat.

Was working fine a few months ago when I last played.

I'm starting to think it might be the Hard drive, as whenever it does it, I can hear it churning away.

8. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

My Graphical issue tonight, it started out with just a simple opaque black triangle pointed at the center and degenerated. I did have virtual machine I forgot about on + a web browser that has 75 tabs. It's Ok now I think, lowered the some settings.

Oh and hearing draca say "No, I spotted him too" after I fired an rpg right up the back of his tank - insta-deathing him and gunner :D (they got me) was great.

Last edited: 29 Feb 2012
  9. Bede

Bede Minimodder

I've noticed that playing on CPC servers brings my W/L ratio right up. As I normally only play servers on hardcore I can only conclude that it's easier to play vanilla :D

Seems more likely. BF3's vram requirements mean a lot of hdd paging for most players, so if there's something else taxing your hdd (or it's just old and slow :D) then that could cause trouble.

10. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Finally got my Magnum Dogtag!

Now to get the Rex Dogtag and the AS VAL dogtag.

11. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Ok guys, letr's see if you can give me any ideas. I'm getting the constant kick from serves with PB on. Nothing I try seems to make any difference whatsoever. I certainly don't have any PB bans since i've never been able to get on any server with it at all. Googl-fu seems to reveal nothing at all since every fix I've found to try just does nothing.

12. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

What background programs are you running?

13. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

I was having alot of that until manually updating pb, giving rules for everything necessary in my firewall and then finally forwarding all the relevant ports.

It seems a bit hit and miss, one thing will sort out one person's pb issues, another thing will sort out another's.

14. nchhabs

May have something to do with the fact you're playing with a bunch of dudes on voice comms ;)

15. Achilleas.k

Achilleas.k Minimodder

This is almost definitely the case. Not only the voice comms, but even if you're running around without any coordination, you're not a nameless player on CPC. It's more likely that the regulars will stick together, cover eachother, drop meds and ammo, etc, regardless of voice chat.

And of course, the voice adds on top of that.

16. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

We usually coordinate very well together. Plus looking out for the signs that someone needs ammo or health. Which do get missed. Last night I wasn't paying attention and a guy on my team was shooting at me. Simply because he wanted ammo. I could see the look on the guys face. Moaning at his computer because I wasn't giving him ammo.

In anycase we CPC regs do love to work together.

Except for Jake12345...Marine the traitor!!!

17. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

I get this now and then, 1 in 40 games or something.

18. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Its a 1TB Samsung F3, so not that old, and not that slow.

Might check where my pagefile is, could be on a slower drive.

19. nchhabs

That's the one I use, and it's a fantastic drive so I don't think it would be the problem. Then again, my system drive is an SSD and BF3 is installed on the F3 so I have no interfering writes/reads.

20. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

I've updated PB manually and background is only MSE, Afterburner, etc. (the usual standards virtually every gamer has running).