1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

Well, just ordered via India but no confirmation email yet. Found out you don't have to keep using the proxy, only need to use it when you start the transaction (put items in your basket) and then it lets you process with the proxy off so no sending my details to random proxies :)

Will update once purchase processes or fails..

::Edit:: Processed without sending orders to places I don't trust :D

Last edited: 6 Jun 2012
    earlydoors likes this.
  2. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Well, the ZiiP Gamestore is getting the Premium pack in soon so I'm going to hold off for a week or so until they do. Spending pretty much all my spare cash on a surprisingly high phone bill killed any idea of getting it sooner.

As soon as details are out for Jes, I'll post them up here for those interested.

3. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

1 and a half quick games earlier, mainly due to having a bug and not wanting to empty my guts onto my keyboard.

Several one shot kills by some new guns and shot to death in a tank. May take a break as opposed to buying a pack I know little about.

4. Bede

Bede Minimodder

Indian proxy business worked, premium is now registered to my account. I might buy all my games from India now :)

5. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

[​IMG]

That was hilarious.

6. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Also got premium now. Thanks boys :D

7. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

Guys when you order via proxy it doesn't let me choose uk as my address for payment.

How did you guys get around that?

Nvr mind worked anyway.

Became MrGupta for 10 mins and now am in business.

Would say anyone doing this do not do it on anything but a credit card mind you if EA try and pull a fast one.

Last edited: 6 Jun 2012
  8. Sarakon

Sarakon The German

Confirmed. Bought Premium as well. Here it was at the USD price so that was no problem. Now for the download to finish.......

9. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

So far i see priority queue is bs once everyone has Premium. I have used by new weapons yet. Looking forward to playing dlc as it will refresh the game a little. New incentive to run C4 (like i need an excuse).

10. scott_chegg

scott_chegg Minimodder

EA are officially money grabbing low life's in my opinion. They have put out a promo code tweet for 25% off from purchases from the origin store to coincide with E3. It's ORIGINE3 if anyone can make use of it. Works for everything BF related except the premium pack! You can buy Karkand using it but no premium pack. Takes the piss!

11. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

ACR is boss but the 27 round mag is dumb

12. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

i'll just leave this here :)

13. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

I'm not sure how that idiot can say HC isn't a preset. It came with the game, specifically designed by the developers to be in there. It's the equivalent of comparing Counter-Strike (HC) against Quake (Normal). Whilst they are the same style of game, the subgenre is very different.

As for luck, he seems to confuse luck and skill quite regularly. Just because I am covering a particular area, or decide to not cover my rear with my squad, does that mean I am unlucky? Or unskilled? If I'm not covering my six in normal, I still have a chance to make up for the fact that I was silly enough not to cover my back. In Hardcore, I am punished for that stupidity.

You seem intent on stirring up HC vs normal over and over wyx, and to be honest, this argument has come up a hundred times. Suffice to say, I don't need a red triangle above my target to make sure he dies.

14. lp1988

lp1988 Minimodder

Look at the animation when firing at 2:20 it seems they have mixed the animation with that of the semi auto ones

Edit:
    Do not agree for several reasons.

Firstly his first argument can be used both ways that there are weapons that are worthless in SC and useful in HC and it may very well balance the other way round. (low magazine weapons vs large magazine weapons) And how would he know that the game is developed mainly with SC in mind, is he a developer ? and even then saying that the pre-set is what takes more skill is straight up stupid, it's like saying that the normal difficulty takes more skill than the hard difficulty.

His second argument about positions completely ignores scouting, or tjecking your corners which I would argue requires skill. And ignores that any good player will change position constantly as you in HC would usually not get more than a few kills in a good spot before the nades start to rain.

The who sees who argument sounds like he is a "run'gun" type, and not a tactical player. As indeed in HC who sees who first matters a lot, however only a problem on small maps where these sudden meet ups happen.

In HC you have to be extremely careful that you do not take damage, running over open ground is suicide and be careful where you stick your head up. In SC, meh that arm grows out again. And the spotting system means that you can sit back and just fire at whatever is highlighted no need to spot yourself.

Besides these I have found that if I really want to relax and just get some kills then a jet in SC is the place to be, the ground based AA can barely kill you getting away from a pursuing enemy is easier as he really needs to hit you extremely much and fly randomly enough and your plane will start repairing itself. In HC you have to know where the enemy AA is located as you die if you let your enemy lure you over it, in other words you need to have a much better sense of the battlefield.

As my clan consists of both people who prefer HC and SC I consistently play both (most HC though) and I have fun in both, however to say that SC requires more skill than HC I cannot get behind.

Last edited: 7 Jun 2012
  15. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Or claymore :naughty: Just imagine, people running through claymores all over the shop :rock:

16. nchhabs

nchhabs www.twitch.tv/dracaXL

'That idiot' (Threatty) is an extremely respected member of the BF community, and to be frank, I agree with him. There's a reason no competitive BF3 games are played in hardcore... I don't really want to get in a debate about 'skill level' but if ZiiP wants to play CPC/BT at some point I'm sure it could be settled pretty quickly. Better yet, survey battlelog stats of HC players versus normal-mode - inb4 the top 5% of normal massively outperform the top 5% of hardcore players.

-----

Unrelated to that topic; streamed some great games earlier today with Rhydian and Invictus:

Last edited: 7 Jun 2012
  17. Bede

Bede Minimodder

The argument is pointless. Both normal and hardcore are appealing for different reasons. The BF3 competitive scene is a poor joke, what they think is irrelevant - especially since competitive rules are a mix of softcore and hardcore. Stats are equally irrelevant here as they do not paint anything close to a complete picture.

Achilleas.k likes this.
  18. nchhabs

nchhabs www.twitch.tv/dracaXL

Stats are stats. If you don't want to quantify how well you play, then don't make claims that inherently require proof. Stats paint a far more replete picture than any anecdotal 'evidence' provided by the hardcore or normal community. Generally speaking, if your SPM is 135/KD=<1/Acc=<10% and you're telling someone with a 600+ SPM/>2.0/>18 that they're unskilled, you don't really have a leg to stand on. The argument between HC/Normal is indeed pointless, because it's so straightforwardly obvious. I'd wager quite a bit on the normal community having a larger concentration of 'skilled' players in contrast to the hardcore community (top 5% of each being markedly different). If someone can come up with a way to actually demonstrate this (or disprove it) that would be very interesting...

19. Telltale Boy

Telltale Boy Designated CPC Jetwhore

Ridiculously awesome rush games tonight where me, naptha, eekor, ezzrah, Elton and draca just completely steamroller the enemy team. It was a case of squad competition of who could sprint to the mcom first.

Then when we finally got autobalanced we had some great close games and me, Elton and naptha managed to push one game to victory. :D

20. wiLLSY

wiLLSY Are you a wizard?

In my opinion HC seems to be something which is there for the sake of being there, it doesn't add anything new to the game.

If you look at it from the popularity perspective, little to none of the Battlefield youtube stars play HC and if anyone represents the BF community better, it's them, simply because if the content in their videos is not what the majority want then people won't watch them and they lose their status.

Having said that, this doesn't necessarily prove that HC isn't 'good', far from it. HC's game play is strange in that it can promote fast pace games, people die quicker and you die faster, but from what I have experienced it only promotes slow pace game play, you and the rest of the players become aware that they are going to die quicker and so make the effort to 'play safe'. This slower paced game play doesn't make sense in BF since it is designed to be fast paced while also encouraging team play, which by removing the spot feature inherently discourages team play - the whole point in the spot feature is to, in a way, replace in-game coms which not everybody uses, but that is a whole other topic.

Another way to look at it is from DICE's perceptive. I don't know about anyone else, but I have never herd of DICE promoting hardcore in anyway, in fact I didn't even know hardcore was in the game when it first came out. Now please tell me if I'm wrong, but does this not mean that HC is indeed just there for the sake of being there? DICE certainly thinks so.

By all means HC can be viable in any game as long as it adds to the game. The game's balance was designed around SC not HC. I'm sorry but the truth is the BF community doesn't like it and DICE doesn't care about it. If you want a more realistic game, go play ARMA 2.