1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Gun master is alright, the only tricky ones can be the LVG and crappy follow-up shots with the Magnum. The rest are pretty much just spam the hell out of whatever is down-range.

2. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

Oh I think everyone gets that, but you hand a weapon to someone who has played 90+ service stars on another gun and they just lose the plot almost entirely. It's interesting to watch, and also slightly funnier than it should be as they rage in chat. ;)

3. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

When i get home Im going to finish the Arma 2 OA download and then some Battlefield. Sniper wars again sounds like fun. Even if i suck!

4. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

This is my problem with 'softcore' I don't want to be able to see where the enemy is on the main screen. Fair enough you can still spot in HC but atleast it only flashes for a few seconds & disappears but in your screenshot what's the point hiding when anyone can see your location!

5. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

@ Phalanx - I'd noticed this as well, I also find it hilarious. I often change up guns and at one point was also going for the 500. (gave up because I wanted to use whatever I fancied)
    On the topic though, I have played CS gun-game for years so I'm used to the setup and how it works and how best to maximise your chances so I don't find it very difficult. The most difficult part about it is dodgy spawns.

What's the point in playing a game mode where random shots to the big-toe kill you and half the weapons are rendered total shite? It's a null point mate. If you're out in the open in this day in age you'd be observed, spotted and called in and this just simulates that. I like the sneaky-ness factor of hardcore sometimes but both game modes have their merits and playing whichever one you enjoy is the name of the game.

6. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

Random shots don't kill you though, unless you are already heavily injured but then again I don;t go running out in open fire :)

The spotting works fine but why does it have to be in game. The map is far more tactical. Seeing an enemy just pop up orange with a sign that may as well say (over here) is not very tactical at all and is more lazy!

Tactical should be something you are rewarded for not something that is given to every camping a-hole in the game just for an easy kill and then to brag at how well they did to sniper the guy trying his best to stay clear from the enemy which has just being spotted by player number 1 for the rest of players 31 to see without even spotting him.

You do realise you sound like you are crap at this game. Most if not all of the weapons you start out with are the best and most accurate. Even when you have unlocked or bought other weapons most of us still use the original guns such as the M416 which has being proven time & time again to be one of the best!

7. Achilleas.k

Achilleas.k Minimodder

Are we on this again?

8. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

@Dwarfer at the distance we where shooting from spotting didn't work. In fact i flew a heli over to spot them. If you don't believe me i will record it next time to show you. Spotting is kinda broken at the best of times anyway.

9. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

The point is that it communicates enemy positions that you can see to other players on your team, thus improving teamwork.

10. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

I'm not debating whether you spotted them or not. Apologise if you misunderstood. What I don't agree with is you spotting the enemy but everyone else on your team can see the enemy clear as day without doing any work.

Spotting in HC works but most don't use it. I always try & spot planes or choppers to help my team in dogfights especially when they're sneaking up behind them but this way it only flashes for a brief few seconds on the mini-map & then disappears.

This way it tells you and your team there is an enemy nearby but doesn't reveal their exact position as the enemy has moved since or if he/she is an idiot camper will get killed quite rightly so!

On the screenshot above the enemy is very clear to everyone where he is now & if he moves. What's statical about that? You may aswell have a wall-hack cheat activated.

Read my email. SF Spotting doesn't promote anything teamwork orientated. It just provokes people to sit around whilst those who wish to play tactically spot and let everyone else just sit around until they can see the enemy!

11. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Digi is actually one of the best players I've ever played with, and I'm pretty sure he'd whup your ass.

Also, the M416 is an unlock, not an original gun.

12. Digi

Let's not get in to willy wagging, I've played online shooters since '99, most competitively, I weigh what I say based on experience and I answered in kind to your flippant and inflammatory statement. Suffice to say I shouldn't have bothered. If you want we can take a game of grand bazaar, for example, and I'll play with M9/whatever pistol and knife while you play with any gun you care to. At worst we'll be even, most likely I'd win. Don't even get me started on bolt-action snipers, you wouldn't stand a chance..

13. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

[​IMG]

sorry, couldn't resist.

on another topic, i don't quite get the point of double XP, when you don't actually unlock anything faster.

14. Achilleas.k

Achilleas.k Minimodder

You would if you had rank unlocks left.

15. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

ah yes, i forgot about that.

i need to get back into the game, will try to get back on before the BT pub quiz.

16. Digi

Haha! Love it. :thumb:

Double XP is just to make the 'carrot' part of 'carrot on stick' bigger. You level faster and therefore get that small 'boost' of getting levels which is what MMO's and other game companies have been tapping in to for a while now. Small rewards all the time to keep the enjoyment factor up. Plus people will stick around because it will be easier to get to 100.

17. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

My post wasn't inflammatory nor flippant. It was fact! What's your BL name and we'll play on a HC Server!
    How else do you suppose we debate. How about a telephone number ?

Last edited: 3 Jul 2012
  18. Digi

You were putting softcore down directly for one of it's features, knowing full well it would spark this bollox discussion again.

Digi_BF - BL name - come get some.

19. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

I was airing my point. You got all defensive because you didn't like to hear what I had to say! It was not meant to provoke anyone. I saw something didn't agree with so I responded. I'm only human dude and so are you.

Thanks for the name. I'll add you when I get home from work and we'll have a bash :)

20. Digi

Working here too.. :(

True, you should have the right to air your point but this silly HC vs SC discussion has been sparked time and time again when it's been said, correctly, that it's each to their own and people should be able to enjoy what they want to. Feel free to come on the CPC mumble where we can discuss it a little more intelligently without typing things that can be misunderstood.

Thanks for the vote of confidence btw.. :thumb: