1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Number 6 is so damn good. So good.

2. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Last edited: 18 Jul 2012
  3. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

Agreed! Nice relaxed atmosphere and some good banter.

I must apologise to Deadbolt for some raging towards the end, it wasn't personal but I can't stand claymores and other ******** weapons of that variety as they are no-skill, no-brain, no-chance weapons. I won't and never will use them - they are for pussies plain and simple.

4. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

Lots of good fun last night being Digi's number one target, I seriously have no idea how I kept appearing in front of your bullets.

I really need to work on my knifing as well, I think I managed to fail at stabbing people at least 20 times.

:rolleyes:
    There you go, fixed your video. :)

5. aLB_sCH1ZZO

aLB_sCH1ZZO What's a Dremel?

What about the ACB-90 :D:D:D
    I had to follow u since u dropped on damavand yesterday but the result was worth it!
    I really like CPC/Bit Tech server:clap:
    We still playin tonight???:dremel:

6. Digi

Yea, enjoy it while it lasts, I'll have my vengeance! :p

This was odd indeed - it was Rotty aka Greg that was getting all my bullets t'other day and now you seem to be victim number 1. Just spawn timing or something I guess..

7. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

Only problem is, some of the assignments require them, and there are medals. I'm aiming to get one of every medal and complete all assignments, so I apologise in advance if you find my claymores. Once the medal is done and assignments, they won't be touched.

At the moment, I'm doing assignments first, then medals, so once I hit the 25 claymore kills, I'll be leaving THAT medal until last.

8. Digi

Yes well, if people are on special missions to get all those medals then that's acceptable but I'll be leaving well alone, assignment or not.

9. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Think you were raging to me too the other night :clap: I find it funny tbh, it's no worse than the auto shotguns/auto snipers, machine pistols, spamming the m320, rpg etc imho. So grow a pair, stop running blindly into buildings where YOU KNOW someone has planted claymores, and play the game :thumb: Seriously the ammount of times lassar and others came bounding up the stairs the other night only to run into my claymores was hilarious. :D

When I said the other night, I do what I have to to survive, I meant it. This game is based on reaction times, and ability to control recoil while maintaining accuracy. My reaction times are better than some, but slower than yours, deadbolts, etc, so in a 1 v 1, I usually get mowed down, which means I have to use cover, and any other tool at my disposal, to avoid a face on kill.

Oh and claymores only have any real use in metro for back stairs, rush on the mcoms, and in tdm. I hardly ever play rush, so the only time they claymores come out is on TDM, where I believe they hold a real value. On maps like bazarre, or seine tdm, if you don't hold the market place, or the main building, your team gets the crap spawn at the back of the map, and it's like shooting fish in a barrel for the opposite team.

10. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

I agree! I use claymores very tactically and intelligently, both as an early warning system and to kill enemies before they get to me or the MCom. You can always slow down and walk past them, or keep a a closer look at the floor to spot them!

Rage away!

11. Achilleas.k

Achilleas.k Minimodder

Blindly throwing grenades around corners or into rooms before advancing helps too, especially if you're going to enter an MCOM room.

12. nchhabs

nchhabs www.twitch.tv/dracaXL

Desi and myself have been playing on some Aussie servers quite a bit lately - had a bit of bad luck with teams so even though we both got pretty decent scores, we couldn't win a few matches as the rest of team pretty much went negative ಠ_ಠ.

This one was particularly heart-breaking, as we only lost by a few tickets: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/38283588/1/297021116/

Have to say, conquest domination is intense! A lot faster than your standard conquest large, which can be both a good and bad thing at times...

13. Digi

Completely disagree. Claymores are not the same as all those other weapons because you still have to have a gram of skill to fire them straight, the other weapons that is. Claymores are for the mentally challenged and just putting them down in some stair way and going 'teeheehee' when you get a kill because of basically nothing you have done yourself is for teenagers and kids IMO.

I won't go through a building crouched down the whole time because it ruins the flow of the game and that's the principle of why I don't use them myself.

I expect such replies as 'blah blah, they are part of the game etc' so I'll just say - yes, I know that, I just don't have to like it.

14. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

Why do people get upset by things like claymores? They add a great dynamic to the game.

15. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

I'm just using claymores for the achievements, but they are a strategic weapon.

they are easily spotted unless you are running around blindly

That and they can be pretty hit and miss
    (dropped 2 behind someone and they ran off and ran back over them a few times [i was watching] till I died and they still hadn't gone off)
    that and someone can get hit pointblank and still live is kinda BS

But as Parge said, they are brilliant early warning systems, better than the tugs

16. Achilleas.k

Achilleas.k Minimodder

So it's settled. Claymores are love.

17. longweight

And that is why people get the kills because people aren't cautious enough. If everyone played the game your way it would be very boring!

18. Digi

That makes no sense whatsoever. I play fast-paced and I exclusively hold my crosshair around chest/neck level for maximum death whenever I meet someone, this is admittedly, a hangover from playing CS for so many years but still. Hence why I fail to spot them half the time.

As was pointed out, I can see the strategic benefits of them but it's rare that people use them in this way and I think the image of a sniggering, snivelling kid getting kills on me because of some drop-and-forget mechanism, pisses me off.

Let's note, this is my opinion and it started with an apology on the raging. I'm glad some debate has been started but we don't need to start talking bollocks.

That's the spirit Achilleas.. :D

19. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

I lol'ed at the first bit :D You have to aim a usas straight? Really? :eyebrow: Not in my experience, you just face the person and spray away. Same with the machine pistols, you think someone with an m9 stands a chance against a g18 if they both start firing at the same time? Yeah right.

Then you are destined to be constantly killed by them lol. I'll be sure to plant a few claymores if we're ever in a rush game against eachother, since I know you'll run right up to them 'because you don't want to ruin the flow of the game' :thumb:

+1 to this. It's often been the case that someone will go running past one and end up with 90% hp. They are not a guaranteed kill. Only if you have been shot before you enter the building, or hit the claymore full face on, is it a one hit one kill. I've often run past one, been hurt badly, and camped in some room till my health regens, I hear the guy plant another one as he doesn't come down to investigate, then go back upstairs crouching and finish him off.

20. longweight

I'm not talking bollocks, they are easy enough to spot if you are wary of them. I use them quite a bit if I'm not using C4 as a replacement for them which works much more effectively if you are defending a building or point.