1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

Also, kinda glad Draca isn't in the same timezone as us - imagine him in a tank on one of these maps!

2. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Some of the urban Camo's we already have might work quite well in the snow!

3. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

How fickle you lot are. Complaining one minute, then jizzing all over EA/DICE the next. :) No faith these days...

4. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

I don't think there have been many complaints for a while now, at least since the last patch.

We all knew Armoured Kill would be awesome and its the DLC that everyone has been waiting for!

5. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

The whole of August to wait for this AND there isn't a single ****ing F1 race in the whole of August either! I haz a sad :sigh:

Guess I'll be working on assignments then lol

EDIT: Also did anyone notice the jeep being driven on what appeared to be a frozen lake? Am I the only one foreseeing hilarious possibilties there? Will we be able to gets kills by sinking someones tank? Hmm.

6. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Still going through the assignments, now doing the anti tank mine one. Got 5 of the 25 kills required so far. As lame as it is not being able to repair a tank, it's strangely satisfying seeing a three kills come up on the screen when a fully loaded buggy goes over one :D Also, so glad I'm done using the scar-h. Can't get to grips with that gun again at all. Went back to the ACR-W and as others have said, it felt as if I was having to put more bullets in, as it's got a lower dmg per bullet than say the m16 or AKS 74. Now just to spend more time with the acr-w and the aks-74u and see which I prefer.

7. Achilleas.k

Achilleas.k Minimodder

Now THIS looks like a Battlefield game:

8. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

Uhm. Look up. Previous page, Post #10815.

9. Achilleas.k

Achilleas.k Minimodder

Yeah I just noticed now. Someone linked me the trailer just now and I posted it without checking.

Doesn't matter, still awesome.

10. MarkCuk

MarkCuk What's a Dremel?

I think a little bit of wee escaped :jawdrop:

11. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

I don't know about the artillery, I'm thinking it's either going to be pretty naff like mortar's or devastating to anything stationary. The maps are looking pretty good, and you can see guys in white camo' at some point.

Yes because insignificant stats like that actually mean something :rolleyes:, just like my longest headshot distance being an almighty 135m.

12. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

That's it, I'm getting premium. **** being a stingy git.

Also, Jester, right there with you with the ridiculously low headshot distance. :D You're still a damn good assault player though.

13. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Bah, nobody gives a crap about longest hs kill anyway. Only pro campers anyway. I just did it to see what was the best I could get, then gave up. Must say though, getting the 350metre hs for the l96 camo assignment was a bit of a pain in the rear. Glad it's over and done with though.

14. hugo60

hugo60 What's a Dremel?

I think i'm unable to get excited over game trailers now, especially when it comes to Battlefield. Having said that, it has to be about 100x better than the CQC expansion.

15. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I thought it was awesome, but nothing to write home about. Come the two week BETA for Premium CPC Server will be running it for sure. And then we can all jizz etc

16. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

Tigernos and Deadbolt think otherwise :D and with 6 of my 10 kit service stars I should think so, also it is the best kit, and I'm usually found not far from squatting over a med' kit.

I'm not looking forward to doing that crap. I like to be in the action - between 30m and 70m is great. It's why I don't like ArmA and DayZ, they are too dull for me.

17. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

True, the only reason mine is so high is because of a few campers on firestorm who simply refused to budge no matter how many times I took them out. Since they were being so accommodating I decided to see exactly what I could get out of them lol

18. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

I'm getting really tired of playing with randoms. Would be nice to hop onto a server and actually have people who worked together, you know share squad perks, spawn on eachother, all that mushy stuff :( If anyone actually feels like doing this, give me a shout. (Note, if you consider yourself to be a bad player (what about you, you say? Well I don't consider myself to be a 'bad' player :p ), please feel free to join anyway and make yourself useful, whether it be the squad medic, the recon with the soflam etc etc etc ;) )

19. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Its seems Dice has actualy made a BF expansion pack- should of had this first instead of CQ.

20. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

I pretty much just snipe or C4 troll so I might not be much use!