1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

All unlocks is easy. Real men put up with it well after the unlocks have come and gone. ;) Plus I want those Master dogtags. :D

2. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

True, but "Real Men" as a result, seem to wind up using only the F2000 with a goddamn grip, RDS of some form or another, or HB/Silencer.

Not that I'm annoyed by that or anything.

It's annoying as sin with some weapons, though. I am eagerly awaiting the point where I can get my hands on the MK3A1, just for the fact it's an Automatic Shotgun.

3. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

1) F2000 is poo. Only reason people are using it currently is because of the assignment.
    2) MK3A1 is ABSOLUTE poo, worst shotgun in the game, avoid!

4. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

People have been telling me the Saiga is awful ,but I'm still getting on very well with that thing. I can feel the MK3A1 has potential when I'm running around in a Gungame with it. It's just loaded with Frag Rounds there, so I might as well drop my pants and slap enemies to death with the contents for all the good it does.

With flechette or even Slugs; I could see it being a damn fun gun to work with.

5. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

You know, people said the F2000 is poo. I like it. People siad the FAMAS is poo (it is), I manage with it.

Albeit against a not so organized enemy, but still it's not entirely terrible. That said, I oddly could never get along with the M416. I hate it, it's just not my kind of gun. Whereas the G3...now that is a gun.

I probably should stop using only Assualt weapons, my only 500 kill engineer is the SCAR-H (which is hilarious given that it's pretty poor) and I still have no Sniper Masteries. Switching guns to get the 500s are good for variation and adaptability. Just don't do it on a losing streak.

6. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

:eyebrow:

I feel guilty when i use F2000 for the assignments because it is so damn overpowered. And someone is saying it's poo ? :duh:

7. Elton

Apparently. It's certainly a damn sight better than the FAMAS.

8. Digi

I mean in comparison to the other options.. M16A3, M416, AEK - when going up against equal guys. Saying that, for pub games, anything can work so I might have been a bit hasty.. :p

9. Elton

Fair enough. But how good would you be if you owned with the FAMAS in a private game?

Lol I remember last night Dom was scratching his head at how I kept killing him with the FAMAS. I love that useless bullet hose.

10. Digi

I lol'd IRL at 'useless bullet hose'! :D I got my highest number of kills in quick fashion with it saying that - 16 kills in like 20-25 secs in metro with back rape!

11. Elton

Man I haven't played a good game of metro in a while.. Speaking of which I need to improve my LAV/Tank skills.

Well that and my helicopter skills. I'm still pretty bad at it.

12. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

The AR are pretty nicely balanced, they just have their different strengths. The F2000's being CQ hip-fire. I'm really liking the FAMAS right now, heavy barrel and foregrip all the way. At range it favours a 3 round hopping fire style. The M16A3 isn't really best, rather it has a the broadest operating effectiveness. The AEK-971, F2000 and FAMAS beats it at closer ranges, and several others beat it at further distances. If you don't know what strengths any weapon has just ask, and if you struggle with recoil compensation - practice (unranked or use G3A3 with HB for a few hundred kills) - it's where the death is at.

13. Phalanx

So anyway, the AS VAL... What a pile of (AS)s...

Short clip, (really) short range, huge spread.

Only thing I can think of that's good with it is the integrated silencer. At small distance it does fine (apart from the short clip).

I know there's an extended clip at 200 or 300 kills, but to get there is going to take some time with this tiny ammo count. I think I'll just get this gun done in hardcore TDM nice and quick and be done with it. :)

14. Elton

I love that thing. I have almost 700 with that piece of awesome kit. :D

Then again, I do like really ****ing weird guns. Case in point being my irrational love for the FAMAS.

15. Phalanx

How do you use it Elton? Just short range fights I guess with an extended mag?

16. Elton

Burst and extended mag is a must. But before the patch i used it with laser and Kobra. It's not bad with the PK-A holo, but Kobra is more effective. Just play it slow due to it's lower damage output.

It's a good gun, and I probably should brush up on it again. It's a fun thing to use.

17. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

By the way, it's just me, or magnifying scopes are pretty much useless ? I try one of them once in a while, but i always return to HOLO or RDS.

18. Digi

I got around 700-800 kills with it as well - most pre-patch before the extended mags were introduced. I love it for a go-to wep for aggressive recon or silent support killer. The recoil is almost non-existent and it's got a very manageable spread once you get used to it. Short to medium range it's very decent but ammo is always a problem as the low damage does chew through it.

Since then I discovered the MP7 though and that's my PDW of choice nowadays. Laser sight and extended mags, shoot everything from the hip even at medium+ ranges - ludicrous.

19. Elton

The MP7 is an awesome weapon. God knows why I haven't used it as much as I should.

That said, I still want to hit 1000 with the AS VAL. After all, it's my 2nd favorite gun. Well 3rd including my magnum. :D

20. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Depending on the weapon and how I use it, the M145 scope is generally my favourite. Essential for any LMG and Semi-auto sniper rifle. Brilliant on most AR too. For closer range weapons I'll use holographic sights.