1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

I'm doing that 500 kills with every weapon thing. Although only primary weapons. Secondaries are only 100 kills per gun. It's enough for my OCD. :)

Almost there, another 8 or so to go I believe on the primaries, and the pistols are almost all done.

2. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

im not very good, no. i just like the vehicle aspects of the game, and teamworking with other Bit-techers. oh, and sitting back with a sniper rifle when i feel lazy.

speaking of what we hate, the stupid sun glare! if it's a simulation of what we see, why am i seeing 6 aperture bladed flares?

after getting into photography, whenever i play the game, i feel very dirty. do you know how to get that level of visual imperfections? you have to have a lens like this!

3. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Man... What ARE you talking about? Give everyone every weapon and unlock then there will be no reason to cheat? Since when did anyone cheat because they didn't have an unlock? People whine and cheat for one reason, they are crap players. The only time people whine about vehicles is when their team is getting dominated by a team that is on teamspeak/stacked.

Sent from my A1_07 using Tapatalk 2

4. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

I don't know is the answer.

5. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

For reference on the Gunships top AA guns; those are the same cannons you'll find on the LAV-AD or the Tunguska. If both players are reasonable shots and both start shooting at some Jet or Chopper that feels like playing hide and seek; the Gunship will absolutely decimate it. A single AA cannon doesn't do that much damage, but two at once can nearly obliterate a plane in less than a single volley.

Of course, the obvious issue is that the Jet can run away and let it self-repair, the Gunship doesn't have that. I do feel that it, at least, needs self-repair over time, like every single other vehicle in the game, because it can be killed simply due to sheer build-up of papercut-like damage at the moment.

Edit; Oh, And it seems Mobile Artillery is slightly bugged. That slight bug being; Proximity defence will kill you inside of the vehicle, however; you will have gotten that asshole repair-tooling you, too, so it's a win/win, right?

Last edited: 12 Sep 2012
  6. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

Only for SC HC there is no regeneration :)

7. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

For whatever reason, I find it hard to track Air targets with the foremost AA gun on the Gunship, the lead time or hit detection is mental, fine with the rear one though. I'm an AA whore, I should be able to hit them across the map, but missing point-blank???

8. .//TuNdRa

Because the Gunship is in continuous motion, so it's extremely sensitive to ping variances? I suspect that's why I was having difficulty, in part, It'll just take practice, I believe. That said; I've managed to nail a fair few fighters that've gotten too close. I believe Lassar can vouch for that.

9. [ZiiP] NaloaC

I can hit perfectly with the rear AA gun, but the zero on the front one just seems horrendously off. I'm fine with shooting air assets down with AA cannon fire, a solid 30 hours in AAA does yield some experience ;)

10. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Is a nice ps3 youtube video of using the little bird with c4 to kill the ac130, though i wonder how many tank shell's it can take since its on a set route.

11. brave758

brave758 Minimodder

The Herc needs some belly AA

12. [ZiiP] NaloaC

No, it doesn't....

Managed to nail the Gunship with Tank Destroyer just now on Aldarz Mountain. Park any vehicle on a slope and adjust for drop and speed... bingo :D

13. brave758

brave758 Minimodder

Oh yes is does...... Lol,
    also managed to blast it out the sky was far too easy, Needs DAS fitting

14. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Just bought premium from Zavvi for £32.95. Can't pass up Armoured Kill, that AC-130 is just too tempting, :D, and the big maps.

15. [ZiiP] NaloaC

If you strap an AA cannon to the underside, you then have a gatling cannon capable of firing at ground troops. Suppression EVERYWHERE. Granted you'd not kill too many, but with that much firepower, you'd hit and suppress a hell of a lot of people. Never mind having an advantage over aircraft.

The Gunship has to have limitations to be balanced. Nice big blind spot, no regen, fixed path. Happy days.

16. .//TuNdRa

I'd say the Gunship should have regen, but at half the normal rate of other aircraft, on account of it's spongelike nature. It'll still die easily if people keep shooting it, but if the gunners and team manage to protect it long enough; it'll slowly start to come back together again.

At least it'd stop the scenario where it's flying around the map on fire for five minutes.

17. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Well, I've given AK a shot, and I hate it. Just pure hate it.

18. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Having just logged onto Battlelog, I'm glad I've bought Premium, nearly every server in my favourites is running Armoured Kill.

19. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Enjoyed a few rounds this evening. Nearly done getting the unlocks for the tank destroyer. Just got canister and then reactive next. Damn I hate not having that. Seems like you are down so fast. Might have to give smoke extinguisher a try too. Seemed every time I'd disable some guy, poof he was fine again. Didnt realise the extinguisher could be that useful heh.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/43402343/1/288612599/

I'd really like to have someone in my citv seat in the little bird tho :( Damn it sucks not being able to use it like before. Oh well.

20. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

I've gotten over 100 C4 kills in the past 2 days. C4+atv is super fun