1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Well-Known Member

I'm roughly the same as Mankz with that ^^ I've 104% accuracy on mine so far.

It's funny actually looking through my various accuracies. Shotguns are generally 60%+ and higher, Bolt action rifles are roughly 40%, Semi-auto snipers are ~20%, SMG/Carbine and AR are around 12-15% and all my LMGs are sub-10%. Love that suppressive fire :D

2. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I seriously think that in BF4, only LMG's should suppress, as that's what they are for.
    Snipers shouldn't be affected by suppression, scope glare you should only work on the visible field of the sniper (if they see you in their sights, there is glint)
    Revives should be worth 50 points, paddles have a longer reload time, and you should only get 50-60% health when you accept revive..

My two pence.

3. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Well-Known Member

I still don't have any issues with Suppression. Gunfire coming at you is f***ing scary. :D

For the first time in a long time today, I saw someone using the LAV-AD properly on Caspian border. Guy was 45-3 I think at the end. Most times I look at other AAA users and wonder what drugs they're on :D

4. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I don't either, I just think those two classes need a buff compared with assault

5. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

Best bit is SniperDude didn't get the XBOW unlocked, and as above, without a clue you did it :hehe:

UK Beer n Bullets server.

6. BlackRaven

BlackRaven Freaking printers!

Sounds like my kind of a server but I can't remember if I would have played there. Last time I.would have been associated with any server it would have been MIA (Malaria Infected alcoholics) and that was about 10 years ago in my cd days.

on mi phone

7. BlackRaven

BlackRaven Freaking printers!

Cs days

on mi phone

8. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Well-Known Member

Yay more CPCers coming into the fold.

CPC server isn't getting much action because well no in seeds it. Hopefully this Friday we can get it going.

The problem is the mumble regs are a fine tuned win beast and random players don't stand a chance.

9. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

The scavenger games were definitely fun, it was a good change having to frantically search for a good weapon on the floor while capturing points. The mode could do with less weapon spawns though to make it a bit more like your life relies on getting a weapon.

:lol: It's always fun when you unlock something while completely oblivious to how you did it.
    Now I've got the X-Bow I must to work on killing people with C4 so I can get the explosive bolts. Does anyone know if killing people in vehicles with C4 count towards it?
    Now I'm done with all my major work and hospital nonsense, I should be free to play on a regular basis again so will definitely try seed the server a bit.
    I'll have to work out which days to set as Battlefield days, I will be on tonight and Friday though. :)

Non-beastly players will definitely have someone easy to shoot while I'm on and re-learning.

Do we know when the server is up for renewal?
    I'd imagine it isn't that far off.

10. MrDomRocks

Not sure will check server renewal dates (edit: Votick will have too), C4 kills count whether they are vehicle or on foot. I should know I have lots of them. And yay for you being better and online my friend.

You are only as good as the team you are with, I have played with some terrible teams and with a good squad carried them through a round.

11. Telltale Boy

Telltale Boy Designated CPC Jetwhore

We had a great example of that last night. Me, Meadsy, Lassar and Jess (Sniper got autobalanced to the other team) joined an Aftermath rush server to a an attacking team that was low on tickets and basically stuck in spawn. With only a couple of tickets left Meadsy managed to break through with the tank and bail out of it to plant the first MCOM. Fortunately their team was in our base so we managed to hold them off by spawning on Meadsy.

This gave us enough time to cover the second MCOM while Meadsy planted. By this time most of their team was running back but we just managed to hold them off scrambling for the revives and eventually just Lassar prone next to the MCOM, stopping the last attempt at a defuse and making sure the MCOM blew with 0 tickets left on our team.

Then we managed to move quickly and storm through the rest of the bases. :D

12. MrDomRocks

That's the Bro Squad in action. I can see rage.jpeg meme all over that one team!

13. barny2767

barny2767 New Member

I need to start playing again since my diablo 3 got a ban I just need all the dlc but dont have £40 or whatever it is.

Anyway I love sniping but last time i played I was just too slow and other snipers could get a killshot before I could so I started using the DAO12 shotgun and found that the slug ammo was very good at mid range 1 shots on hardcore.

Just loged in to find 20 friend requests and haveny played for about 4 months.

*edit*

battlelog only shows 20 requests at a time and origin says I have 115.

*edit#2*

just got all the DLC asked girlfriend and she said I could get them so if anyof you want to add me my email is cmillardc1@msn.com as I cant remember my realID.

Last edited: 10 Jan 2013
  14. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Well, a little tinker has helped me out. For some reason I had people appearing from out of nowhere and hits not recording - this was happening alot as though I was running just a little slower than everyone else.

Setting pre rendered frames to 1 in the nvidia control panel and turning off motion blur seems to have claimed some of those milliseconds I felt I was losing, resulting in a 63/14 round straight after the changes.

Cheered me up a bit. :)

15. Telltale Boy

Telltale Boy Designated CPC Jetwhore

Have you played around with the Network Smoothing slider at all? Generally try and put it as low as you can until you notice that players' movement starts to get glitchy.

Generally your latency gets much better if you put it down low.

adidan likes this.
  16. adidan

Thanks for the tip TB, I'll hunt it down and give that a look over tomorrow. :thumb:

Edit: Just had a quick read of people who this helped out who had previously been getting killed prone behind cover and the like, something I've been having recently. Thanks mate. I'll slap it down low and work up from there.

Edit: Edit: Thanks again mate, had a tinker today and am getting closer to the sweet spot - I'm starting to feel like I'm more able to react realistically than a fraction behind the game play. Only disconnected from server a couple of times but that was the same server so I'm not sure it was the Network Smoothing issue.

Shame, I was 40 odd for 5 at the time.

Last edited: 11 Jan 2013
  17. Dark~3nergy

Dark~3nergy what was dat sandvich ?

oh god, I just figured out that the glock is the best gun in this game, at least in close quarters
    [​IMG]
    IT'S GLOCK O'CLOCK

18. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Well-Known Member

Nah, the Rex and 93r are more reliable, they don't tend to leave you holding an empty gun as much! How did you manage 39 kills with it?!

Having said that, the silenced Glock had comedy value.

19. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

But it's not fun for me :(

There is also setting (I think it is effects quality) that reduces the crappy obscuring effect from the rain on Grand Bazzar and dust hazes on other maps.

20. adidan

I may tinker a tad more although i'd like to keep the quality. It may be my ageing eyes but motion blur switched off seems to make no difference to me, from what i can see.