1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

TBH i haven't seen anywhere that's sold a non-limited edition yet so it looks like a win for those who buy on launch day (for now) and a "hmmmm" for those who aren't set on it yet.

And TBH, i think the majority of those that buy on launch day will be the ones who actually care whether or not they get this "free dlc/expansion" pack thing anyway.

2. wafflesomd

wafflesomd New Member

Limited edition = every copy sold for the first 3 months?

3. Toploaded

Toploaded New Member

Enjoy it. Where I live currently the best I can get is a 4mb line with 40 gig 'cap' (although in fairness I've gone over this MANY times without so much as a snotty email from my ISP). I'm grateful though, my line is double the speed it was last year, I could barely stream youtube then. And really, paying less then 15 quid for the Internet each month is somewhat of a bargain at any speed above 1mb (not a day goes by I'm not blown away by the tech and value of it).

On topic though, looking forward to this game and pray for it to be a massive PC success to justify their efforts at making the PC the lead platform, and I hope said efforts result in a game that is obviously superior to the console ports.

4. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Well-Known Member

I do enjoy it, but it's split between 2 desktops and 3-4 laptops. The usage limit includes surfing the net in general, even just checking your email. For ever 1GB extra used, they charge €2, we've already received warnings in the past... :(

5. Ciber

Ciber New Member

I'm very tempted to pre-order this already. I just know I'm going to love it.

Every Battlefield game that comes along the more I'm into it. Battlefield Vietnam I bought and I played a few matches, but I wasn't really into it and the game raped my poor PC at the time so it tended to play very laggy so I gave up. BF2 I tried the demo but it took alot to get it to run as it just kept giving me a black screen so I had to fiddle around to make it start then I couldn't get it to play online due to some kind of bug with EA servers so I quickly gave up. 2142 I bought straight away, but I basically couldn't play online for about 3 months as it kept crashing again due to some sort of bug with the EA master server. When they fixed 2142 I did enjoy it and I played it quite a bit. BFBC2 however I was able to run straight away and I really enjoy it and it has been the game I've played most in 2010. I predict BF3 will be my favourite game in 2010 and maybe the game I play most in 2012.

6. J!n

J!n That's aperture science

I have pre orderd and i never pre order a game. Just the words battlefield 3 sold it for me :rock:

7. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

[​IMG]
    now i know your all jelly of my desktop! :p

8. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Have we had any word if rush mode is going to be included?

I thought it was the best mode in BC2, and would love it in BF3, although im not sure how well it would work with 64 players. Perhaps more than two M-COM stations per stage of the map?

And I also pray to god there will be another no-vehicle option. I loathed the stupid buggie rushers on Road to Jalalibad going round the back and knocking out the Arty.

9. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

I want to see the return of Conquest: Frontlines from BF2142... was rather disappointed it wasn't in BC2.

Although Rush did capture a similar essence, the only difference being that in Frontlines i believe you could recapture back points you lost, thus making it about both teams balancing attack and defence.

I also wouldn't mind some sort of Titan mode :p. That was rather awesome, having a conquest like beginning and then getting to either Assault or Defend the tight corridors of the Titan... and then "having to" escape after destruction.

Sloth likes this.
  10. kameltoemunch

kameltoemunch New Member

My guess is that rush will be included. It was quite successful in BC2 and I doubt DICE would just scrap it, especially considering that console player limits will remain at 24 and (imo) conquest is not focused enough for so few players. Who knows though.

11. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I completely forgot about Titan mode! I suppose I haven't played since about 6 months after it came out.
    That was a FANTASTIC game mode, but wouldn't work so well for a 'realistic war' setting.

12. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Yikes - I only play rush so I hope they include it!

13. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

^^ I only really play rush on BC2 because without proper squad play and orders etc, the gameplay doesn't really lend to conquest. Also, the maps aren't appropriately size for sneaky flanking runs and the like any more.

Strike at Karkand was all about rushing along the sides to get behind the enemy, which is what made the game so much fun. 64 players and proper squads and commanders will make it awesome.

14. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

That would be amazing!

I love Titan mode. Not only did they add some sweet close quarters combat to every map, but they also made you feel the impact of your successes and losses. You capture a silo and you can watch as it fires and lowers the enemy's shield. Also made Commander a lot more fun on servers that let you move around!

15. sausages

sausages New Member

Bloody hell, if it looks like that I would be amazed. And then I'd buy it.

16. Nowell @ CCL

Nowell @ CCL CCL Customer Services

Looks are only play a small part in a battlefield game. Team-play is the most important reason i keep playing any Battlefield series. You don't get much of this nowadays. Everyone, seems to be more concerned about perks i.e. Call of Fail :p

17. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

Might go against a lot of the BF ethos but I want to see more indoors action....like a big office complex, an airport...just so I can get more close quarters fighting in and snipers can go pick up a real gun

18. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

There was some indoor fighting in BF2 Special Forces... IIRC

Not sure if this has been posted yet: http://www.nofrag.com/2011/fev/28/37102/

Did someone say movement from Mirror's Edge?

Ah...

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2011/03/01/the-technology-behind-battlefield-3.aspx

Last edited: 1 Mar 2011
  19. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Well-Known Member

Oh good lord...

20. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

A LOT of jizz came out.

And Just LOOK at those ACOG sights.... Im actually in love.