1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GentooX-BOX (56k warn :: 12+ 120k pics)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Sim0n, 24 Jan 2004.

1. Sim0n

Sim0n rm -rf /

So after panicing in the disaster mod section about my plasitkote problems i thought why not get a small project log going (shame i almost finished it now).

Basically, i was bored of my plain xbox, and after reading about the web, on various xbox websites, and learning about chipping etc, i fell upon two major ones.

Xbox Scene and Xbox Geek.

If anyone is in need of video guides on how to rip the Xbox into its component parts, Xbox geek has made some handy videos telling you step by step, how to take it to bits, fit a modchip, and reassemble it. If the videos are down on his website, im hosting a mirror for him Here.

So onto the pictures, i was looking for something alittle different to the norm, which is just to chrome the "X" and leave the rest normal, so when i popped off to wilkos to get my suppliers, i noticed the rather nice red can sitting on its own, so got it, and thank god i did, the results look cool.

Pictures follow (900x600pixels, 120k each - could take a while).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just needs a quite coat of clear varnish to keep it looking nice, which ill do abit later.

2. Gnemelf

Gnemelf Minimodder

OoOo pretty

3. [cibyr]

[cibyr] Sometimes posts here

4. Mixx

Mixx What's a Dremel?

nice, great job on teh painting :thumb:

5. Fraggster

Fraggster What's a Dremel?

pretty nice

6. Shoobie

Shoobie What's a Dremel?

That chrome stuff is vinyl dye, right? Looks very nice. Most chrome paints look terrible. I don't really like the red, but to each his own. Well done. :thumb: