1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Get my cash money back for Vista?

Discussion in 'Software' started by ajack, 17 Jul 2007.

1. ajack

ajack rox

I just bought a laptop with Vista preinstalled which I neither want nor will use. I've heard of people getting money back from companies (maybe only Dell?) as they didn't want/need Windows installed on it. Does this work with any manufacturer? (mine's a Sony Vaio). If so, how do I go about doing this?

2. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

only worth trying.

although if you have agreed to the EULA on starting up, you dont really have a leg to stand on.

the MS EULA has a clause in it (find it, quote it) that says the vendor should supply a refund if you don't agree.

3. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

If you record a video of yourself turning the system on, saying "I do not agree", then formatting the drive (keeping the disc sealed) and send it back to the vendor they should refund you

4. capnPedro

capnPedro Hacker. Maker. Engineer.

Phone the company you bought it from. Tell them you don't want Windows and want to deactivate and return it to them.

But be warned, you will have to spend some time getting escalated to a tech that can help you.

Tags: