1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant Get rid of pregnant women handicap sign parking

Discussion in 'General' started by mushi_999, 9 Apr 2008.

1. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Serious bummer, dude. As a neuropsychologist I can appreciate his problems...

The Cerebellum basically has three functions:

1. It smooths out complex sequences of movement into one, smooth action (together with the basal ganglia);
    2. It deals with spatial orientation: it gives location and vector to what you see, hear and feel (i.e. you know where something is, what direction it is moving in and how fast);
    3. It co-ordinates your body movements to that information.

In practice, it means that it gives you balance, allows you to reach for objects without missing them or knocking into them, and allows you to avoid walking into things. It allows you dodge moving objects (cars) or intercept them (balls). Simply walking up to a door, grabbing the door handle, opening it and walking through becomes a nightmare without the Cerebellum. You can't drive or ride a bicycle without a functioning Cerebellum. You can barely stand up or sit down without it. Drinking from a mug, or eating with a fork? Good luck with that...

It's a major disability.

2. thecrownles

thecrownles What's a Relix?

I honestly don't see where you make that connection. Both democratic candidates promote green energy and healthy lifestyles (i suppose). And aside from knowing how to spell Hillary's name, no I'm not expecting to vote for her. :blah:

3. Poisonous

Poisonous Incestuious

I stopped reading after this part, and I fully agree.

4. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

I do apologise for my spelling error, it was very uncouth of me.
    It was only a bit of light hearted banter after all. :)

5. Oclocker

Oclocker What's a Dremel?

your ma probably agrees :)

6. Brett89

Brett89 Minimodder

Well, I had a laugh at that at least.

7. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

:hehe: Pwned!

8. DLoney

DLoney What's a Dremel?

i walk miles everyday to and from class with about 20lbs on my back. whats the problem again?
    :rolleyes:

besides i thought the whole goal was equality.

9. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

Well isn't that just the silliest comment.

10. Scirocco

Scirocco Boobs, I have them, you lose.

I really do wish there was an outbreak of pregnancy among males. If I were a betting woman, I'd say threads like these would totally cease. We could then talk about equality.

11. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

The human race would die out if it were men that got pregnant :)

12. Charel

Charel What's a Dremel?

The average IQ of bit-tech just plummeted to well below average. I could cut the ignorance with a knife.

13. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

You have read the thread, haven't you? For your convenience, I've put a couple of the key points in bold.

Slinging a backpack over your shoulder during the walk to class is much, much different than carrying a child. It really isn't a comparison at all.

-monkey

14. will.

I can't believe this thread is even still in debate. Everyone should have just had a go at the orriginal poster and agreed he is a tit.

At least most of the thread is in defence of the pregnant parking signs, or at least the thought behind them.

I'll tell you what is wrong though; when my granny got a new car and forgot the disabled badge and someone had a go at her, saying she should move.

15. notatoad

notatoad pretty fing wonderful

elitist much?

16. Charel

Charel What's a Dremel?

:duh:

17. Oclocker

Sorry but no badge then she's fair game TBH - So many people use the reserved spaces unfairly that people without a badge should be challenged! If I had same done (unlikely tbh) i'd welcome said challenge as a sign that society cares - after all not all oldies are decrepit old farts & maybe your nan should view it as a positive thing?

18. will.

What happened to people using their own judgement and compassion?
    If I was driven to a supermarket with a broken ankle, I'm not permanently disabled and I don't have a badge. Would you have a go at me for parking in that spot once you saw that I obviously wasn't up to walking too far?

19. Oclocker

You just made my point, if your nan was in obvious need then hopefully she wouldn't get any grief. but if no one complains to/against the many abusers she would possibly be unable to use her badge next time she needed it?.. As your nans entitled to use it then I agree with her using that space (we all forget things after all) but I also agree that someone without a badge gets challenged. So no i'd not have a go in the scenario above !

Ohh btw whoever drove ya could drop you at door ? :)

20. Sparrowhawk

Sparrowhawk Wetsander

While that's not likely, what I wish is people endowed with a male organ (like me) would stop trying to get involved in affairs of the female body. Like all these men who think they know best about pregnancy and abortion and such.
    It's not our place to know, save for *maybe* a male OB/GYN who has knowledge of the subject. :wallbash:

Honestly, I doubt all men need to become pregnant though. A woman came into my grocery store a while back, very pregnant and alone. She ended up exhausted, sitting on a low cooler case a good walk from *anything*. I offered to get her anything I could (water, some bread or cookies, a wheelchair) and she grinned at me and thought it was very sweet. But she said no, she just had her child get rowdy inside her and she'd be good in a few.

What I think needs to happen, is all these greying male political blowhards on Capitol Hill need to get pregnant. :naughty:

In the States, you can get a temp. badge for injuries like this. Though, no one with a brain would argue with you for taking that spot if you were injured like you describe.

Last edited: 13 Apr 2008
Tags: