1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows getting a full version of minecraft

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Xir, 24 Jan 2018.

1. Xir

Xir Modder

My 6 year old likes minecraft, but as old scrooge here only got the demo-version, she has to restart every 90mins.
    (in which time she loses everything and starts over about 3-5 times)

I'd like to get her a version that goes on....but the official buy is 25€ ish, which is a lot.
    Have I missed (legal) a way to get this cheaper?

Best Regards,

Xir

2. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Xir likes this.
  3. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

I really haven't played Minecraft in a long long long time. I don't mind giving up my account to you, I've checked online and you can change the email address there. Let me know if you want it.

Xir likes this.
  4. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I'm not sure you can get the full-fat Java version of Minecraft from anywhere other than Mojang; you have to have a Mojang account these days and your key is linked directly to that.

This is the Windows 10 edition, which will only work on Win10 and you need an Xbox account. It's based on Minecraft Pocket edition, which means:

• No mod & texture pack support
    • No custom map support
    • Limited multiplayer
    On a PC however, this is the only version that supports controllers without the need for modifications & hacks which only "sort-of" work. For a 6-yr old it should be fine ;)

5. loftie

loftie Multimodder

I believe that you can actually use texture packs with the Win10 version. Not 100% sure though.

6. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Also isn't that site another grey market seller? Whilst I know Microsoft isn't exactly a small dev it still hurts them more than it helps them when you buy from those sites I thought? (keys bought fraudulently, ends up costing the developer)

Byron C likes this.
  7. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Buying any game from Microsoft is fraught with danger given their terrible delivery system. I am surprised I have any hair left given the weeks of trouble I had downloading Gears of War 4. Never again will I buy via Microsoft.

8. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

I completely gave up on getting Gears 4 after the trouble I had arguing with Microsoft's store, it was a free game from one of my graphics cards so I couldn't be bothered to put in the effort after a weekend of trying to redeem it.