1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

getting a laptop.. want opinions on the choice..

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Fusen, 17 Mar 2004.

1. Fusen

Fusen New Member

my 16th birthday is coming up on 25th and I'm getting a laptop and looking around I have seen a couple but this looked like a nice package for the price

http://www.technoworld.com/productdisplay.asp?ProductID=220-246-1500&source=dealtime

as I have a a64 3200+ runnin in my main rig and seeing how smoothly its going it'll be nice to have a laptop which is also a fast runner + its got nice gfx .. but I want to know if anyone knows of any other laptops where you get the best bang for your buck prefferably a large bang =P lol

2. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

Last month's Custom PC did a review on high end laptops... could be worth a read if you can still get a copy

3. Highland3r

Highland3r New Member

Thats a good price for a laptop of that spec IMO, however its not goin to be as smooth as your desktop, for the msot part laptops never are.

4. Fusen

Fusen New Member

I know it wont be as smooth as my desktop as I've got a gig of pc3200 and thats just got like 512 of dunno pc2100 or pc2700? which is just one reason it wont be as smooth but looking at the specs and the price compared to others seems like a nice buy

5. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Pentium M + Dell Outlet

:thumb:

/pimp (youd think i work for dell the way i go on :rolleyes: )

6. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I hate to disagree with Bindi, but i'd say a top-spec T4x-Series laptop, they're just amazing. :thumb:

/pimps IBM again... :rolleyes:

7. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

But IBM cant beat Dell outlet prices :p

/me gets out pwnage stick and waves it at you.

8. 1st time modder

1st time modder New Member

find a laptop that suits your needs. start with Dell, HP, compaq, IBM, etc.. (main brand), then work your way down to the smaller companies (not main brand). you might be able to get a bargain on a brand new laptop that might be cheaper than buying a refurbished/discontinued main brand laptop.

9. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Dell don't have great build quality - a PII-266 laptop from like '98 still going strong with no problems, Dell PII-400, bought in '99, same os on both, and the IBM beats it at everything imaginable whilst the Dell has bits falling off with creakings and such :(

/me gets ibm pwnage stick and waves it back :p

10. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Says you, i had a friend who WORKED for IBM. Basically she's convinced me the products are crap from the stories ive heard, also, my house mate has a dell lappy and the **** she's shoved in its direction and it still works! Anyhow, i do like IBM lappys - they look nice, but i couldnt find any with £650 off the retail price :p:p