1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

getting out of bed....

Discussion in 'General' started by sotu1, 10 Jun 2008.

1. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

No problem for me. - I just sleep as long as I want to, then I get up, shower, check bit tech and email. But then I do not need a lot of sleep, and nobody cares if I get up at 11 a.m.

2. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

No that's BS. There isn't a magic number of hours you can sleep for. Some people like 8-10, some only need 5-7.

3. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

very loud annoying phone alarm randomly thrown on the floor, or get a girl to wake you up.

4. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

Cat jumps on bed every morning at precisely 7am and claws me till I get up and feed her. Works all the time without fail.

5. RTT

RTT #parp

Do more exercise and have a switch-off period before you go to bed. You'll sleep better and probably need only 6-7 hours, maybe 8 at the most, to feel fully refreshed. Pretty simple really :)

6. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

Agreed. This week I've probably averaged about 4 hours a night. Oddly, this week I've also done a serious amount of cycling pretty late. I guess it's something to do with adrenalin. Other weeks I'll get a good 8 or 9 hours a night. Weekends are my recharge though. I'll happily sleep 12 - 14 hours.

I do find waking up a real pain though. Currently I have the emperor from Blue Harvest saying "Something something something dark side" then 5 minutes later Kashmir comes one nice and loud. Then 2 minutes after that some horrible random shouty noise from my metal loving days. By that time I'm usually awake. In winter I'd be asleep still but now that it's summer I have my curtains open and the sun keeps me interested.

7. notatoad

notatoad pretty fing wonderful

go to bed whenever you feel tired. if you go to bed too early you will either have a hard time falling asleep and end up being awake too late or else get too much sleep and be lethargic the next morning. if you stay up too late you will be tired in the morning. then wake up at the same time every morning, no matter what. even on the weekends, wake up the same time you normally would. this will train your body to wake up at that time.

also, have a reason to get up. if work sucks, it is going to be harder to get up in the morning than if you enjoy your job.

8. EmJay

EmJay What's a Dremel?

9. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

That's what I was saying!?

I know some people who can get away with just having FOUR hours :(

10. lcdguy

lcdguy Minimodder

get a cat, and train to learn it only gets fed early in morning. Trust me he/she will not let you forget mine doesn't.

11. MrWillyWonka

MrWillyWonka Chocolate computers galore!

I always have my main alarm clock and my mobile as backup a few minutes later.

Now and then if I forget to set the alarm, 9 times out of 10 I will wake up a few minutes after the alarm is supposed to go off. Weird. In the weekend if I don't have anything important to do I will sleep, wake up, sleep and wake up until I'm no longer sleepy. This makes me feel really refreshed, even more so after a shower.

12. Kipman725

Kipman725 When did I get a custom title!?!

hmm my problem is sleeping too much if I have over 7hrs ish I feel terible all day and very tired. Under that and I have head pains but am more alert and I can usualy get rid of the pains through stimulants and little naps (I can sleep after a coffee... I'm weird). I also hate waking up (especaily having to shower each morning) and hate going to sleep. Although I quite like the actual sleeping and don't want to get out of bed when it ends. I hope somone comes up with an alternative to sleep soon as I genraly detest the entire proccess.

13. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

Yep.. Even on weekends.. lol

14. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

I use my phone as well on a metal table on vibrate normally works lol, or i get up before the alarm most of the time anyway, go to bed a 12 -1ish get up at 6 every day 7 days a week except if im hammered then i go to bed at at crazy time and wake up around 6-7ish lol [damn body]

15. Macaba

Macaba What's a Dremel?

I have one of these:

http://www.bellman.se/web/page.php?catid=202

with the optional bed shaker. Just imagine waking up to bright camera flashes, a very loud bleeping that gets increasingly louder, and a bed that vibrates making it seem like a drill is drilling into your head.

I never fail to wake up.

16. dragontail

dragontail 5bet Bluffer

Get a louder alarm? I never have had a problem with alarms not waking me up, even with 5 or 6 hours of sleep. You could try 2 alarms if that's not possible. And if that doesn't work, I have no idea!

17. Mongoose132

Mongoose132 Duckmad

Up at 6am everday for a jog round the woods,
    amazing how my cat jumps on me/claws me awake every morning, without fail.
    God i hope that cat stays with me :D

18. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

girl friend is usually the best alarm clock going, 7am hits and she is awake and making breakfast, perfect!

19. Oclocker

Oclocker What's a Dremel?

I read what ya say ya said :)

4 hours sleep every 8 hours for me is best :)

20. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

That is correct. The number of hours sleep that a person needs differs from person to person. Some need 8 hours; others get by on four and perhaps a few power naps. There is no correlation to personality or intelligence, contrary what some people like to believe. However, for every hour sleep deprivation you function one IQ point below par.

Moreover, some people are "morning people", whose metabolism is most alert in the morning, but flags in the evenings, while others are "evening people", who feel most alert towards the afternoon. These patterns are genetically determined but can be changed to a certain extent with practice.