Build Advice Getting pissed.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Karas, 30 Nov 2011.

1. MSHunter

MSHunter Minimodder

Some USB2 drives are actually faster over USB3. Like external HDDs.

2. debs3759

debs3759 Was that a warranty I just broke?

Thanks, I wasn't aware that USB 2 devices could work at USB 3 speeds. Good to know if I ever need the extra speed.

I actually disabled USB 3 on my gene-z as I know (at the moment) that I don't need it. Only things I connect via USB are low speed devices (mouse, KB, card readers, camera, etc). I'm sure that when Cotton Candy is available next year I will be able to use the performance boost though :)

3. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

Nowt wrong with Asrock boards.

People reporting multiple hardware fails are prolly killing them with static during install/general fiddling about inside the comp (get a wrist strap) or have powered there comp with a Super headshot FXX9000 20000W power supply that you couldnt trust to power a light bulb :p

4. MSHunter

MSHunter Minimodder

Not at USB3 speed but faster then most USB2 due to better controller. Most noticeable difference is on HDDs

5. Karas

Karas What's a Dremel?

Imho USB3 is just unneeded. I've never had a problem with my usb ports or it being USB2 and if it never existed I could care less. That's just my point of view on it atleast

6. modd1uk

modd1uk Multimodder

Sorry i havent replied sooner. If you get the 212, make sure you get the 212+, not the original 212. However the Gelid Tranquillo is a good cooler for the money.

7. Karas

Karas What's a Dremel?

Alright, I did pick the 212+ and never even looked at original 212. Now that I see you've been the most helpful for this particular problem I must ask, how do you think i'll run BF3 on ultra 1920x1080?

8. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

9. modd1uk

modd1uk Multimodder

You wont run BF3 on ultra, i have a GTX 570 and dont run everything on ultra. Tbh..BF3 looks good enough on high.

10. Karas

Karas What's a Dremel?

Oh damn, I planned on getting the 570 next year because of the benchmarks for bf3 where all 30+ fps on ultra. How bad is it on ultra for you?

11. modd1uk

modd1uk Multimodder

It wasnt playable enough for me, you have to remember BF3 is a very demanding game GPU wise. I still have some settings on ultra and its perfect, just not everything.

Upgrade what you can for now, your 460 will run it, and it will still look awesome, just dont expect too much as BF3 taxes systems.

12. Karas

Karas What's a Dremel?

I realized it was very GPU demanding but not THAT demanding to the point a 200+$ video card won't run it smoothly. That sucks i'm afraid on what happens when a new console comes out and developers really start showing what there capable of. Because I think the only reason games aren't getting a huge graphical update and all that is because xbox and ps3 aren't able to handle it therefore money lost. but yeah my 460 has already shown to run it on high so that will be more then enough for me. Thanks man!