1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Development Getting Song Title of Winamp in Delphi

Discussion in 'Software' started by taliban_raider, 6 Mar 2005.

1. taliban_raider

taliban_raider Just some guy; you know

Hey, First off I will explain what I am trying to do I am constructing a simple mp3/flac computer, that is housed in an old large radio/ cassette deck portable boom box thing. It is designed to be simple and easy to use and un-computer like I slip in a removable hdd, it boots off its internal hdd, the playlist on the removable hdd is automatically executed by putting a link to d:\main.pls in the startup folder and then the front end launches by the same method. Winamp control is achieved by a ir remote control through a com port based ir receiver, control of Winamp is also planned to be achieved by simple buttons, that connect to the com port and provide control, can anyone help me with the linky or address to where I saw these buttons, if no one can it doesn’t matter I am sure it wont take me long to find them.

Now onto why I am posting this, the front end is just a simple, pretty looking interface designed to be easily viewable on the lo-res lcd screen which will be accompanying this pc. It will provide a simple digital and/or (haven’t decided yet) analogue clock, simple visual reminders, maybe some to-do memos loaded from the removable hdd, blank space which will be integrated in to the graphic design where mbm will always sit on top, but look like it is supposed to be part of the program, finnaly an alarm will go off at certain pre-determined times of the day.

What I cannot seem to do is get the current title of the song playing in Winamp, I have searched Google, plannet-source-code.com and everywhere I can think psc has a few different submissions but none seem to offer this ability, and 1 or 2 may or may not, I just cant seem to get them to compile. I am a noob when it comes to programming but apart from the last question everything else is covered in Delphi, however if someone knew how to get the song title of Winamp into a VB app, but had no idea how to get it in a
    Delphi app, I could recreate it in that, it is just that I am far more familiar with programming in Delphi.

Another thing which I would like to do is when a reminder goes off it pauses Winamp and un-pauses/plays it when the alarm is over, however I think I know how to get that done, as I found it on what seems to be an obsolete sdk of Winamp on my search for song tile grabbing abilities. And while I am on an ask a question-athon does anybody know if lcd's get screen burn in?

Last edited: 6 Mar 2005
  2. TheAnimus

TheAnimus Banned

www.winamp.com/nsdn/

look at the C examples, the SDK for windows32 is in C, if you can read C, you can't code for windows.

basically you have window messages, these are the events that drive windows, when a button is pushed, WM_COMMAND is sent, with the PARAM corresponding to the button.

so thats how that nice simple interface works.

getting titles from the non playing tracks is a bit hard under NT, i can explain that if you like, but you have to use the ReadProcessMemory functions (ment for debugging).