1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics GFX Card scrambled itself??!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Chid, 16 Jul 2002.

1. Chid

Chid What's a Dremel?

Hi again,

My Voodoo 3 3000 has suddenly decided to scramble itself???

I had just joined a game of Opposing force with my brother over a LAN when the screen sort of scrambled?? There are wierd big pixels, some of which are coloured and have different characters upside down?? For example an upside down question mark.

I don't know why it has done this but it is still effected when i rebooted and when it is telling you your gfx card make etc and continue to the bios screen. I can't actually read what it is saying as it is sort of blurred and the pc speaker doesn't beep.

Has this happened to anyone else before. Does this also mean that i need a new gfx card for my current system aswell as my new one because i can barely afford 1 GeForce 4 Ti4200 let alone 2??

Please help me??!!??!!:cries:

2. Fatboy

Fatboy Bored

Well Alan ;) I tested your Voodoo in my PC and it did exactly the same, from my basic knowledge i could take a guess at it being the memory as i had a small problem like this when i upped my memory core tooo high.But then again im not the expert, so i wouldnt know.
    The screen goes many colours and has lots of dodgy characters as Chid says, it does it as soon as tthe PC powers on.
    There is nothing knocked off the card either, so it cant be that.

3. Cruelinios

Cruelinios EvE Addict

the GFX card has overheated and basically died on you mate.

Voodoo 3's cooling sux basically, and when you have a hot case, the combination is not good.

4. Fatboy

Fatboy Bored

That could be the prob but Chids case has one 80 sucking in and an 80 going out, it had been on for ages at a time before even runnung more challenging stuff than Oppsing Force, my conclusion is that it is buggered beyond repair anyway. :sigh:

Tags: