1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Ghetto^2 blaster 2, OMG it's done! Update 6.2.

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Jipa, 24 Aug 2010.

1. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

How did I miss this!

Awesomesauce.

2. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

[​IMG]

Got the electronics up and running. Decided to go with the ni-mh batteries instead.

[​IMG]

And then headed out to do some outdoors testing...

[​IMG]

It was about 70 meters loud.

[​IMG]

...which made its owner rather proud.

[​IMG]

There's two types of paint: free and proper. Guess which one this is.

[​IMG]

Meh it works.

The next thing will be to make a cover for the speakers. Then it's pretty much done.

Looking back, we actually only made this mess to test the components, the next one will look pretty again.. And not weight 50 kgs.

3. Jipa

Just so you guys knew we weren't kidding when we said it IS going to survive everything a couple of dozen drunken students can throw at it:

[​IMG]

It's not just trickery either, he actually hit the damn thing so hard it took some air.

So mission accomplished at making the Blaster 2 bomb proof, it was also easy to service as all the components are bolted to the rear panel which removes with four M5 screws. Bad news is that the cheapo Ni-Mh batteries decided NOT to like cold weather and ran out of juice in just a couple of hours! Damnation.

4. Jipa

Already planning the next version. Must be ready by may day, so there's plenty of time to do things properly.

[​IMG]

First idea.