1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress ghetto fabulous XD

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by perkins teh modder, 24 Oct 2010.

1. perkins teh modder

perkins teh modder What's a Dremel?

so ive been adding and taking from this one pc for a while now, basically with a super low budget, and its just so funny i couldnt help but make a thread for it :p its got a kingwin lazer 1000W power supply, asus m2n sli deluxe mother board, amd phenom II X6 3.2 ghz processor, xfx geforce 8600 gt fatal1ty graphics card, 320gb western digital hard drive, 2gb g skill ddr2 800 memory, corsair hydro series h50, all packed into an acrylic case, with missing top panel, missing side panel, and missing all bay covers. so lets get into pictures :)

[​IMG]

heres a shot from the side, pleeease tell me your first impressions lol

[​IMG]

a closer view of the side

[​IMG]

a view of the front, nice ehh? haha ;)

[​IMG]

my gorgeous bulgin vandal resistant switches, on a machined mnpc tech plate, and wait.. is that cardboard? why yes, yes it is! lol i attached my switches to a piece of cardboard, made black with sharpie, to see how it would look all set up (for a new case) and it actually looked really good. so i put it in what used to be the 3.5" bays, held in mostly by electrical tape. oh, not to mention, the power buttons that came with the case are still there XD

[​IMG]

heres my fan controller. this things awesome. but as you can see, poorly drilled holes, and more electrical tape holding it together lol.

[​IMG]

heres the front 120mm fan. its in what used to be the 5.25" bays. with a fan grill from mnpc tech. this thing is held in by the screws that held in the bay covers, surprisingly no electrical tape lol.

[​IMG]

heres the front 80mm fan, the grill was chrome, but i painted it black to somewhat match the rest of the case (not much of a black theme, but it looks better)

[​IMG]

heres a shot of the radiator. its held in by velcro cable keepers weaved through the screw holes for the 5.25" bays. as you can see i have 2 fans in front of the radiator, it seems to maximize air flow, my core temperature stays around 35°C, even while gaming.

[​IMG]

another shot of the radiator

[​IMG]

heres a shot of the hard drive. its held in place by a small cardboard box XD now i know this is super ghetto, but its actually a great idea! it doubles as vibration reduction, and as a cable organizer. the wires for my bulgin switches are super long, but theyre wrapped away nicely in that little box, as well as some power cables. genius ;)

[​IMG]

heres a shot of the video card heat sink. this card gets HOT but it didnt come with a fan, or a place to attach one, so i put my own fan on :) it probably looks like its screwed in, but its actually not. theres screws going down between the panels of the heat sink, and they fit pretty snug, so the fan is almost as if it were meant to be there.

i think this case is pretty funny so i wanted to year what all of you thought. thanks for looking :D

Last edited: 24 Oct 2010
  2. Attila

Attila still thinking....

Well.......it's, er.......interesting. :hehe:

But really, I can only see potential here. A couple of small pieces of alu sheet,
    some cable braiding, a couple of cans of spray paint, polish up the plex, hey
    presto, after about ten hours of work and very little outlay you could have a
    sweet case. ;)

3. perkins teh modder

perkins teh modder What's a Dremel?

yeah exactly, its like a load of nice gear in a poop box lol.

4. Attila

Attila still thinking....

Well, you've shown us the 'before photo's', I'll be watching out for the 'after pics'. ;)