1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Gigabyte 990FXA-UD7 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 25 Jul 2011.

1. OCJunkie

OCJunkie OC your Dremel too

Kind of disapointing for that price range... I just picked up a UD3 and really saw no reason to pay more for the UD7's extra little features like onboard buttons and heatpipes, especially since both the UD3 and UD5 both have all the important core features of the UD7 but for alot less money.

Also, I think the OC review results might not be exactly representative because my UD3 pushed 4GHz and hit a higher HTT...

2. Material

Material Soco Amaretto Lime

The issue currently on sale doesn't include any Llano coverage, that's going into the issue we're producing now (Issue 97) as it wasn't out in time for 96.

What you're getting confused by is the 'coming next month in Custom PC' section in the back of the mag as in Issue 95 we said we'd be looking at next gen AMD processors in the next mag (96). Unfortunately one of the articles in this section is fake, it always is, as is explained at the bottom of the section.

The fact we said that the AMD processors we'd be looking at would be 12 core APUs and that we'd be clocking them to 17GHz using liquid helium should be a pretty strong hint that that that is the fake story.

Last edited: 26 Jul 2011
  3. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

Oh ffs.

Thanks for making me feel like more of a moron :p.

Swore i'd saw some other story at the back which i thought was fake.

Something's just not right with me at the moment apparently.

4. Bede

Bede Minimodder

So let's get this straight. This board costs £100 more than I paid for my MSI P67 GD53 and can't really come close to it in performance? Lulz.

5. tonyd223

tonyd223 king of nothing

at least you didn't buy a Biostar TA790GX 128M - which can't even run the latest Phenom cpu's, uses DDR2 (which seemed a good idea at the time), and runs it's main PCI-E slot at 16x in the middle of of the board, rather than at the processor end. Last time I buy a Biostar board - it'll end up in the HTPC

Tags: Add Tags