1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Gigabyte ATI Radeon HD 4770 512MB

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 12 May 2009.

1. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

I'm fully aware of what you've previously written, but just because ATi (or nVidia) says so doesn't make it true. Reality seems to prove my point, though. Or are you arguing that (pretty much) every partner comes up with an identical design, that doesn't resemble what you (and pretty much everyone else on or off the net) has reviewed as the reference design?

And I'm certainly aware that PC Partner doesn't manufacture *every* ATi-based card. Actually, I've never claimed that. As far as I recall not very long ago ASUS' manufacturing arm (what is now known as Pegatron, I believe) was used as the manufacturer of the reference design for several models.

I'm not sure where all the ire is coming from? I've never claimed that the HD 4770 is a bad card, just that it was a bad decision on ATi's part to send a version of the card to reviewers that cannot be readily bought, if at all.

2. Tim S

Tim S OG

You said it was "our fault" that we didn't follow up with AMD - that's where the ire comes from on my part.

3. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

I agree. The phrase "blame bit-tech" in an earlier post of mine was ill chosen and a bit harsh. I apologize.

The thing is, I hold bit-tech's reviews in high regard. If I didn't, I could care less about what you guys write, but I do. When I saw the second HD 4770 review and it didn't mention these apparent issues I was a bit disappointed.

I would have expected you to raise these issues with AMD/ATi *and* write about them. Set the record straight, so to speak, because that's what you usually do. It's a shame you didn't in this case.

4. mystvearn

mystvearn any-may

any idea when you guys will get "proper" 4770 cards which public can buy? No use havnig a reference card, which looks good but you cannot have it...

5. Alike

Alike New Member

The Gigabyte one is the "proper" card, that you can buy. You can also buy the very same card from other ATI partners. Miraculously, they've all decided to go for the same cheap design, but in reality you wouldn't notice a difference, because the performance is the same. Even with the so called cheaper version of the PCB, the card is still very good.

Last edited: 15 May 2009
Tags: Add Tags