1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 21 Nov 2008.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. Matticus

Matticus ...

Nice informative review and nice to see another gigabyte board performing pretty well. I have a bit of a soft spot for gigabyte. I really don't need a board to be an extreme overclocker or have crossfire/sli, I mainly want a board that will give me a modest overclock, performs 100% stable 24/7 and doesn't nom nom nom all my electricity. Obviously most of all it needs to be affordable, which is why I will be aiming for gigabyte boards for at least the foreseeable future.

3. Denis_iii

Denis_iii What's a Dremel?

a shame about the 500FSB barrier, was hoping to run e8400 with 8 multiplier on this board
    maybe a bios update will resolve?

4. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Check other reviews - if they do it maybe they do something I don't know, but honestly I doubt it - the DS3R never hit 500FSB either and the P45 has been around for ~6 months now.

5. SPQQKY

SPQQKY Evil Modder

There is a large thread on these boards at XS, I've seen several go over 500FSB. I myself have not been able to, but I got the EP45-UD3R and loved it so much, it replaced my Asus Maximus Formula and I have another one on the way to replace my IP35 Pro in my other rig. These are fantastic boards at an incredible price. Anyone looking to get a new C2D motherboard, I can't think of a better board right now.

BTW: The GA-EP45-UD3P has dual LAN and an extra PCI-E x16 slot. I actually have THAT board on order and got it for $119 USD Shipped from newegg using a $10 off promo code.

Last edited: 21 Nov 2008
  6. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

If they ditch the fdd/ide and move the sata to the sides. It would have been a winner.

7. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

It absolutely will not happen on P45 or any mid-range product for at least the next .. 3 years.

8. ravenelje

ravenelje What's a Dremel?

It seems to me that many reviews leave out durability tests. Not about overclocking, or performance, but rather what happens when your kid grabs the board and drops it prior to insertion into the case, or when the case manufacturer provides the wrong standoffs and you have to rip the screws out of the board with pliers?

This happened recently and have scratches and cracks in two seperate places around the screw holes. It appears that I even crossed over the circuitry and exposed the copper underneath. It booted first time no problem and hasn't had a single issue. This MoBo is a beast. Not only does it do all the stuff outlined in this review, but it can sustain physical damage and continue to fucntion.

9. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

having had all sorts of boards from asus, abit, biostar and others i can honestly say that my P31-DS3L is the most stable mobo i have ever personally experienced and i'll certainly be going for gigabyte next time round

10. steelblade

steelblade What's a Dremel?

Thanks for this review - I wasnt expecting it so soon. Ill be doing a bit more reading first but I think this fits my bill. Thanks again!

11. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

huh my brother needs a new board maybe I will get him to upgrade to this so I can mess around with it lol.

12. trek554

trek554 What's a Dremel?

my GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P board uses those red slots just fine. the only difference between my board and this one is that I mine has an additional PCI-E slot for crossfire.

13. zr_ox

zr_ox Whooolapoook

I have to agree with you. My EP45 DS5 is the most trouble free motherboard I've had and I for one would not hesitate to buy Gigabyte again.

Looks like another nice, if un-necessary release from Gigabyte.

14. SPQQKY

SPQQKY Evil Modder

New DDR2 Speed records broken with Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R

DDR2 1696 (848MHz) !!!

I really love this board. Although I'm not breaking records, I am running 2 x 2GB G.Skill Pi Black @ DDR2 900 4-4-4-12 w/ 2.0v. I'm also running them in the red DIMM slots. In this review, you had bad luck with the red DIMMs, but I think it was just that...bad luck.

15. Tim S

Tim S OG

That's sick and I love the pics too :D

16. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

Who needs stinking DDR3 ram :D

17. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

To get some perspective here, "2oz copper" is just 0.07mm thick, a bit thinner than 60g paper. Much improved current handling for sure, but don't expect to spot the difference from the 0.035mm usual stuff visually where most of the board thickness is poxy resin, not copper. ;)

18. GigaMan

GigaMan GIGABYTE UK

PCB layer

Hello,
    Actually the GA-EP45-UD3R is a 4 layer PCB motherboard, not 6 layers like the GA-EP45-DQ6.
    :p

19. HenrikW

HenrikW Bacon is an element!

Oh why oh why did I buy a 780i mobo and SLI, when I could have had this cheap OC beast and some cheap x-fire :) Seems like a really good board, especially at that price.

20. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Thank You! I've made an addendum to the article.

Tags: Add Tags