1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Thermal5, 10 Sep 2009.

1. Thermal5

Thermal5 R.I.P

Is this board just as good or better than the MSI board that was on offer at £63 for a limited period? The reason I ask is that the MSI one is now roughly £25 more expensive than the Gigabyte one and the Gigabyte one varies in price but it's £106.95 here http://www.ebuyer.com/product/173535.

Thank you

2. pimonserry

pimonserry sounds like a party.

IMO, for what you're getting, at £106 it's quite pricey.

Check the rest of their lineup here, the UD3 is quite sparse in comparison to the UD5 & 6.

3. Thermal5

Thermal5 R.I.P

Hmm,

It's just that I got stung when I ordered one of the MSI GD65 motherboards at £63 (basically I won't be receiving the one I ordered!) and I didn't want to spend much more than another £40 on another i5 motherboard because to be honest it was a bit tough to get the cash together for all the components I order alongside the GD65 motherboard which I won't be getting now.

4. pimonserry

pimonserry sounds like a party.

It's the early adopter's fee you're being stung by, everything is very expensive right now.

Mmm, I hear the etailers oversold all of MSI's new stock the other day. Not very good of them really :(

Edit: I see you have an E8400, why not stick with that? I've got an E8500, still does good :p And same-spec RAM.

5. Thermal5

Thermal5 R.I.P

I wish I had stuck with that now lol, I just got the upgrade bug and it bit me quite hard! f*cker stung me as well!! :D

Problem is now I've already bought the CPU Cooler for the i5, the replacement rams on it's way, the CPU is on it's way and I don't want to go through all the hassle of sending it all back :)

6. trig

trig god's little mistake

maybe the asus p7p55d le instead?