1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Gigabyte iSolo 210

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 27 Mar 2008.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. phuzz

phuzz This is a title

The interior is identical to the Coolermaster Centurion, right down to the compleatly inadequate front ventilation though the front.
    Still, it was cheap :)

3. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

Joe, sometimes I wonder about the state of your mind after reading some of your metaphors :eeek:

Isn't the reason for having mesh over the window rather than acrylic so that it'll pass FCA EM emissions rules? With the mesh, the case is still a Faraday cage; without it, it isn't.

Or am I talking out of my nether regions?

Anyway, since my PC sits under my desk, I'd rather cases came with the option not to have a window at all.

4. Jojii

Jojii hardware freak

This was one of the more entertaining articles I've read recently.

As far as the Faraday cage goes, I thought that the plastic drive bay covers thwarted that. I don't know if there would be any benefit for operating a computer in such a cage anyways.

5. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I'd rather have a Coolermaster 590 tbh.

6. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

Yes, but unused drive bays usually have that bit of metal behind them that takes about half an hour to remove and results in shredded hands.

The whole thing of computers in a Faraday cage is to minimise EM emissions & interference, which I believe is part of FCC regulations (amongst others). But I might be wrong.

7. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

It is - it's why you also get an EMI shield with every motherboard.

8. ChiperSoft

ChiperSoft New Member

I used this case for two gaming rigs I built for my girlfriend and her mother. For the most part I love the case, but there were a few issues I had with it.
    1) Both case fans run off the same power lead, so you can't have independent controls for both.
    2) I would have like more openings on the motherboard tray for cable routing.
    3) The front power light is bright. I mean, REALLY bright, and it takes it's power from a molex connector instead of the power LED pin-out on the motherboard. Not really a problem, but slightly annoying.

Otherwise, I loved the case. It's very sturdy (albeit, a little heavy), easy to work with, and I actually found the case to be quite silent.

9. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

Oh boy, another case on that chassis. I somehow think Gigabyte must have bought a farm of them, but really, they need to start slinging out some new products - after all, Coolermaster moved to either innovate, or purchase for the 690, and daaaymn, though it shows signs of being an $80 case (top panel is difficult to remove, after it's removed, the little chrome bars don't line up, poor rear fan mounting system, the top hole is a little far over, difficult to remove front panel...) it's really become close to my heart - enough room behind the tray to hold most wires, a 5 hdd cage that now has custom wiring, and TONS of room around where I need to be, (bottom of the case, the PSU can install in either orientation, motherboard cpu/ram area...)... anyway - it's proof of where innovating pays.

10. Spaceraver

Spaceraver Ultralurker

Looks a little meh. Is it possible to add weight and material to the intro along with the price? That way i know if i even have to read the article, ;)

11. tonschk

tonschk New Member

+1 ...I agree

Tags: Add Tags