1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Gigabyte searching for oldest working motherboard

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 2 Apr 2009.

1. Prometheus

Prometheus Minimodder

I've got a fully working GA-686BX

It's currently being used as my file server, 450Mhz PII 320Mb Ram. It's a little slow sometimes but it'll do for now.

2. Farting Bob

Farting Bob What's a Dremel?

Yea, good luck finding someone with an ancient board that has a photo of the serial number and confirmed manufacturing date on ebay, for the slight chance of winning a 2GB USB drive probbaly work less than £10!

3. Red 5

Red 5 What's a Dremel?

The system I was using until last October has a GA-7zMMP. It isn't even recognised by their English language sites.

4. Yemerich

Yemerich I can has PERSUADETRON?

After some wiki, i found that zx spectrum is a bit older than its brazilian cousin TK-90X (1985). The one i have is the black and white one. One generation bfore the zx-stectrum itself. It was launched in Brazil in 1982 (TK 85), the same year that zx-spectrum (color, 48k) came out in the UK. By 1986 i bought a MSX (Zilog Z80 processor). But, very unfortunatelly, i trashed it... Shame on me :(

I would love to see pictures of all those rarities in here :D

5. LordPyrinc

LordPyrinc Legomaniac

Cool pix for sure. I dumped all my old hardware the last time I made a move back in November. Didn't realize how many POS towers/printers that people had given me over the years. I dumped 6 or 7 towers and no less than 4 printers. The oldest machine in the household right now is a 1.2ghz Pentium.

Well... I do have a perfectly working Super Nintendo somewhere, but that really doesn't count.

6. GigaMan

GigaMan GIGABYTE UK

LOL... maybe its not just a 2GB USB drive :eeek:
    I think you should give it a go, you might just be supprised

7. GIGA-Man

GIGA-Man GIGABYTE UK

Last edited: 9 Jul 2009
  8. -x-hellfire

-x-hellfire What's a Dremel?

I got an ibm 4.77 MHZ PC overclocked to 10 MHZ with 20 MB harddisk but it is now in pieces and the harddisk had to be gently tapped to get running but I got two Sinclair Spectrum 48K with 3 microdrives that still works :D

9. MarkW7

MarkW7 Total Noob

I have an GA-6BXE , is this any good?

Tags: Add Tags